Breaking Jio announces 5G Beta trial program with unlimited 5G in select cities

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 972
  • Views: Views 128,651
Are u able to use the 5G network or did you just get the 5G welcome offer active on your number but not able to latch to the signal?
Also have you enabled auto updates on your phone which may have installed the OTA update automatically without your knowledge?
Hey my wife got 5G plan added on her Jio number as per My Jio app since 2 days but she still cannot latch on 5G network. Standalone toggle is enabled in her iPhone 13 Pro. So it’s all confusing.

Edit: Just checked and now even she can latch on 5G but it shows Jio True5G…?

Wife’s iPhone 13 Pro
TdNIOOL.jpg

My iPhone 13 Pro Max
oezHnBm.jpg

Last edited:
Hey my wife got 5G plan added on her Jio number as per My Jio app since 2 days but she still cannot latch on 5G network. Standalone toggle is enabled in her iPhone 13 Pro. So it’s all confusing.

Wife’s iPhone 13 Pro
TdNIOOL.jpg

My iPhone 13 Pro Max
oezHnBm.jpg
I am also seeing true 5g sometime but mostly just Jio. I think they're are still working on optimization.

Different phones display it differently. With my phone I see 'Jio' for the 5G data network and in brackets I see 'Jio 4G' which i guess may be for the VoLTE service.
zHESF1P.png

I Am Able To Use Signal With 5G sign & Experience Is Awesome For Me But Sometime 5G Sign Gone & Volte Come Again Few Minutes Volte Goes & 5G Sign Come Even Lock Screen JioTRUE5G writing showing lock screen when Data is Off. In Few Minutes I Will Shoe You Screen Shot Regards This.

Are u able to use the 5G network or did you just get the 5G welcome offer active on your number but not able to latch to the signal?
Also have you enabled auto updates on your phone which may have installed the OTA update automatically without your knowledge?

I Am Able To Use Signal With 5G sign & Experience Is Awesome For Me But Sometime 5G Sign Gone & Volte Come Again Few Minutes Volte Goes & 5G Sign Come Even Lock Screen JioTRUE5G writing showing lock screen when Data is Off. In Few Minutes I Will Show You Screen Shot Regards This.
No my auto update is off i do SW update Manually when checking i posted images what y say this is 5G my Phone was updated android 13 with one ui 5 last month ending. did this regards along with 5G Enabling also What You Say.

I Am Able To Use Signal With 5G sign & Experience Is Awesome For Me But Sometime 5G Sign Gone & Volte Come Again Few Minutes Volte Goes & 5G Sign Come Even Lock Screen JioTRUE5G writing showing lock screen when Data is Off. In Few Minutes I Will Show You Screen Shot Regards This.
No my auto update is off i do SW update Manually when checking i posted images what y say this is 5G my Phone was updated android 13 with one ui 5 last month ending. did this regards along with 5G Enabling also What You Say.
The update to Android 13 may have brought the 5G compatibility along with it. The switch to 4G happens during voice calls since it has to use VoLTE. At other times the switching between 4G and 5G may happen due to paychy 5G network since it is still in beta testing. It will get better as more network sites are rolled out.

5G enabled site is quiet far from you. Also check whether you have got 5G update or not.

Esmail Bro I Access Jio 5G on Samsung A225G under Jio Welcome offerin last 2 day's but I Can't received Any Kind Of 5G Enabled Update Is it possible without getting Update i am in Byculla Dombivali Area .

From today onwards, while making calls, Jio 5G is not changing to LTE.
On iPhone 13 Pro Max iOS 16.2 RC
It's not VoNR for sure. N78 is deployed on quiet less sites. N28 even on lesser sites as compared to N78. VoNR will be totally based on N28. These two bands will be used for 5G elite customers. You will see it in plans wise next Diwali. And once heavy traffic areas are covered, Jio will slow down 5G expansion. That's the plan. Jio is waiting for more band 3 spectrum. 20Mhz Pan India, for band 40 to move to 5G to cater the 5G elite customers. I see band 40 moved to 5G before 2025 January. Then band 3(20Mhz)+band 5(10Mhz) will cater the demand for 4G customers. Not everyone will use Jio 5G. So Jio will be able to bring huge revenues since 2024 January quarterly. That's the actual plan. Don't expect VoNR even though it might be enabled in your phone. IPhones, Motorola and Samsung will lead in this regard.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock