Breaking Jio announces 5G Beta trial program with unlimited 5G in select cities

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 972
  • Views: Views 127,262
Which router you use? Which router I should use for 200-300Mbps plan(Is it allowed)? That default router is not so good. I couldn't use it in Thane in my middle bedroom, forget main master bedroom.
I use 2 x Asus RT-AX88U in mesh mode. Their Genexis ONU is in bridge mode and my Asus Router does PPPOe dialing.

Regarding Jio’s N258 band - it hasn’t been deployed anywhere as they are still procuring the equipment needed for it’s deployment. It is also on low priority of 5G rollout as not a single 5G device for sale in India supports it.

I got 5G invite...
M5wtet1.jpg

kfF5Yhm.jpg

g7x8SDf.jpg

2zNEkU7.jpg

Stop worrying about the invite. They're not going to invite if you're not in 5G covered area.

And even if you get now, there is no use. Take airtel 5g, 5g turns to 4g every 50 meters.
I am in 5G covered area. I used my Sister's 5G Welcome offer activated sim in my iPhone 13 Pro Max and was getting 900 Mbps in every corner of my house. 5G Standalone toggle was also enabled. Phone showed connected to n78 + n28 bands. Yet no one in my area has received the welcome offer. The best part is my sister never signed up for 5G and her handset is 4G only so how the f she got welcome offer?.

So when Jio says "Uhh you will get invite when we measure how much inches your phone is from their tower and they will carry out complex trigonometric maths using Super computers of Belgium (Belgaon actually)" They mean jack squat and their invite system is completely random almost on the verge of scammy.

And even if you get now, there is no use. Take airtel 5g, 5g turns to 4g every 50 meters.
I have experienced the same. They have very few towers with 5G enabled and we literally measured their coverage my moving around the tower. It's exactly 50-100 mts. So Airtel 5G is basically unusable in it's current state in Mumbai.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock