Breaking Jio announces 5G Beta trial program with unlimited 5G in select cities

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 972
  • Views: Views 127,248
LMAO they are bunch of trolls who say whatever it takes to push customers away so that they don’t have to deal with them.

@TheAndroidFreak Jio 5G network is already live in Mumbai. I too use TataPlay fiber 1Gbps plan. Works top notch. Cannot complain especially after 20% discount.
I am using Tata Play Fiber as well in Thane and Vashi. 200Mbps plan doesn't work as good as you are saying. Reliable but speeds are half of what they promised. On weekends, speeds drops down to 1/4th of what's promised. 1Gbps is not here. Max 300Mbps. Thinking of upgrading the plan by March. I guess their default router is not so good. I am thinking of swapping router to. How much maximum speeds you get? How much people and devices are using 1Gbps plan?

@TheAndroidFreak

Always consistent 1 Gbps speed here. Using it for almost 1.5 years now. Dadar - Prabhadevi area.

aBC8C3L.png

Jio 5G signals are live between Prabhadevi to Mahim patch but I really don't know what the issue is with Jio's 5G. I saw many people using iPhones in this area and have received 5G welcome offer but are unable to latch to the network because 5G standalone switch toggle is disabled. My mom's iPhone 12 has standalone toggle enabled but she doesn't have 5G offer.

Is N78 band enough for jio 5g in bangalore?. My phone only supports 78 band
The penetration of N78 is poor and Jio will deploy N28 (700 Mhz) for indoor coverage. So your phone WILL need support for N28 band as well.

N258 is mmWave and there is 0 chance of getting that signal at home unless your window is in direct line of sight of the tower. So it will be deployed for streets and for crowded areas like bus train stations, airports, markets or stadiums or some offices. N258 is only available on US models of iPhone 13 and 14 Pro and Non-Pro. There is no word on whether Jio's N258 deployment will support these phones. But hopefully they will.

Check mmWave limitations in Linus Tech Tips video below:

He tested it on early prototype network and it will be tuned better now to reach 5Gbps+ speeds, but fundamental issue of short coverage remains.

Last edited:
The penetration of N78 is poor and Jio will deploy N28 (700 Mhz) for indoor coverage. So your phone WILL need support for N28 band as well.

N258 is mmWave and there is 0 chance of getting that signal at home unless your window is in direct line of sight of the tower. So it will be deployed for streets and for crowded areas like bus train stations, airports, markets or stadiums or some offices. N258 is only available on US models of iPhone 13 and 14 Pro and Non-Pro. There is no word on whether Jio's N258 deployment will support these phones. But hopefully they will.

Check mmWave limitations in Linus Tech Tips video below:

He tested it on early prototype network and it will be tuned better now to reach 5Gbps+ speeds, but fundamental issue of short coverage remains.
Okay. Thanks for the info. Morning i was at bus stand, so able to catch jio 5g for first time
bxv4X2D.jpg

I am not getting even 4G signal at home, have both airtel and jio sims. Max speed i get home is 1Mbps and signal bar is 1😂😂. Not sure how 5G signal will play.

@TheAndroidFreak

Always consistent 1 Gbps speed here. Using it for almost 1.5 years now. Dadar - Prabhadevi area.

aBC8C3L.png

Jio 5G signals are live between Prabhadevi to Mahim patch but I really don't know what the issue is with Jio's 5G. I saw many people using iPhones in this area and have received 5G welcome offer but are unable to latch to the network because 5G standalone switch toggle is disabled. My mom's iPhone 12 has standalone toggle enabled but she doesn't have 5G offer.
Wait for beta 4. I guess that will enable the 5G support for Jio.

Which router you use? Which router I should use for 200-300Mbps plan(Is it allowed)? That default router is not so good. I couldn't use it in Thane in my middle bedroom, forget main master bedroom.

N258 is only available on US models of iPhone 13 and 14 Pro and Non-Pro. There is no word on whether Jio's N258 deployment will support these phones. But hopefully they will.
I doubt so. S22U of US has support for these bands. But nowhere in Mumbai I have seen mmWave 5G.

Okay. Thanks for the info. Morning i was at bus stand, so able to catch jio 5g for first time
bxv4X2D.jpg

I am not getting even 4G signal at home, have both airtel and jio sims. Max speed i get home is 1Mbps and signal bar is 1😂😂. Not sure how 5G signal will play.
This looks like One Plus/Realme phone.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock