Discussion Is Airtel postpaid really gives more speed than prepaid

Kuttusan

Solutions
Reaction score
I recently saw a post that says Airtel postpaid customers experiencing high speeds and QoS than prepaid customers. Is it true?

They do claim to have some technologies that give its Platinum mobile customers preference over other regular users on the network for better data speeds. Now to what extent it's true and how much difference it makes in daily usage is debatable.

Can't tell about internet speed

But surely postpaid users are getting better network quality as compared to prepaid users, I was facing network issues few years back as I was using airtel prepaid I was regularly complaining to airtel network team but they didn't do nothing but one of my neighbour was using airtel postpaid connection he was also facing network problem he escalated to network team, airtel did sent a person to his home for checking network problem issue and his problem was solved in next few days but not for me.

Yes its true, I had observed this 3 years back when I was living with my roomies in Mumbai, I was having a prepaid connection and 2 of my friends had Airtel postpaid and they used to get 2 or 3 times more speed than me.

Now in my hometown I struggled with mobile data speeds when my Airtel fiber went down, recently last month I ported my number from Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid and the speed increase has been 3-4 times, earlier I used to hardly get 1-2 Mbps download speeds but now the speeds range from 20-40 Mbps but it is only true for download speeds, upload speeds are still the same, and I hae been getting 4G+ in network tab while in prepaid it used to be just 4G.

But on the contrary I am obsering more call drops now, not sure the reason but someone calls me and it disconnects in 2 seconds, and I am not even able to pick the calls in those 2 seconds, and to the caller the message comes as call ended.

Last edited:
Well most of the comments contradict each other anyone please post the QCI values of postpaid and prepaid from network signal guru app inorder to confirm airtel actually priorities postpaid users.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock