Discussion IPL 17 (2024) | Winner - Kolkata Knight Riders

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubh_1733
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4,438
  • Views Views: Views 197,230

Which team will lift the IPL 2024 trophy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gautam Gambhir appointed as the Mentor of Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL.

NRPygoU.jpg

I hope he is able to find good fast bowlers and one good top order batsman as spinners are already there and Iyer, Nitish, Rinkoo already there. Venky Iyer and Gurbaaz will form the top. They just need one more good batsman. Would like to see Tom Banton/Mendis/Samarwickrma or someone else from foreign. Let's see.
Thakur, Umesh, Mavi can continue along with Two bowlers from outside. I hope they pick up Cummins and Madushanka this time.

I hope he is able to find good fast bowlers and one good top order batsman as spinners are already there and Iyer, Nitish, Rinkoo already there. Venky Iyer and Gurbaaz will form the top. They just need one more good batsman. Would like to see Tom Banton/Mendis/Samarwickrma or someone else from foreign. Let's see.
Thakur, Umesh, Mavi can continue along with Two bowlers from outside. I hope they pick up Cummins and Madushanka this time.
De Kock/Bairstow/Head any 1 of this Overseas wkt keeper is required I don't have much hopes from Gurbaz he plays 2 good innings out of 14 innings.

Kkr performed well 2011-2017 mainly because of their slow pacer and Spinner. At that time eden supports slow bowler also, hardly 135-140 Run on that pitch was enough to fight back and luckily we had then Laxmipathy Balaji, Rajat Bhatia, Sunil Narine in top form.

De Kock/Bairstow/Head any 1 of this Overseas wkt keeper is required I don't have much hopes from Gurbaz he plays 2 good innings out of 14 innings.
Bairstow is finished. De Cock already with LSG. Head is fine. Gurbaaz is good opener. Venky can come one down the order. Shreyas should not look for number three spot as he will be our number five batsman for test matches. He needs to look for his work load considering his injuries to the back(Pant as well if he is our next Test captain and Shreyas ODI captain). I don't think Rahul will be given captaincy. He might get place in place of Rahane ahead of Iyer but that's difficult as well. He will have to warm his bench till Rohit retires then he can open with Jaiswal. But again, I will prefer giving chance to Easwaran rather than Rahul. Gill moving down the order, I didn't like it at all. Till then Rahul has to be on his toes in ODI format as well as Pant is good option and left handed batsman as well in ODI middle order.

If Rohit+Kohli retires then Verma can be good middle order batsman for long time and Pant can be option as well. Then Rahul can move up the order and Gaikwad as a back up opener, even though I believe Samson is good for number rather than Pant. Rinkoo Singh/Pandya/Sunder are out 5/6th batting option.

Last edited:
Suyash Sharma is good. Varun Chakraborty can be given chance in few matches. We need to find one back up Indian bowler to three I mentioned to rotate and two good seamers from outside. Carse, Cummins, Tickner can be good option.

Russel, Narine, Shakib, Liton Das, Gurbaz should be released. Jason Roy should get chance. Cummins should be bring back.

Russel, Narine, Shakib, Liton Das, Gurbaz should be released. Jason Roy should get chance. Cummins should be bring back.
Roy hasn't performed since an year. So as Bairstow. Gurabaaz is young player, KKR can invest in him.

Shakib, Russel, Narine should not be picked again ever. Litton Das has not performed since match against India in T20 WC, let's see. That was turning point of his career.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom