How Kolkata Knight Riders helped Sunil Narine when he faced uncertain future

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Sunil Narine is all set to play Kolkata Knight Riders' second Indian Premier League match on April 13 after missing the opener due to demise of his father Shadeed early this month.

Narine has KKR to thank as he plays his first competitive match since the ODI between the West Indies and Sri Lanka in Pallekele last November.

According to a report in the Times of India, the Shah Rukh Khan-owned team stuck with the bowler in his toughest time after the bowling ban.

The mystery spinner has been a star performer for KKR since 2012. But with constant problems with his bowling action, Narine was facing an uncertain future in the last five months.

That's where the two-time IPL champions stepped in, appointing Leicester-based biomechanist Carl Crowe to help Narine correct his action.

“I flew to Trinidad with all my equipment. It wasn't just going to be an action-correction exercise. It was a test of getting things done in a manner where the bowler's confidence had to be restored as much as the skill. It wasn't about the arm and the action. It was about his body, his mind and his cricket," Carl told TOI.

During this time, all of Narine's expenses were paid for by KKR.

“I worked with Narine for close to three weeks. The idea was to make him feel comfortable ,“ Carl said.

Now that ICC-approved centre Sri Ramachandra University in Chennai has approved Narine's action, the West Indian will be looking to repay KKR with his performances on the pitch.

READ: How Kolkata Knight Riders helped Sunil Narine when he faced uncertain future | Zee News

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock