Balaji appointed Kolkata Knight Riders bowling coach

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Lakshmipathy Balaji, former India pacer, has been appointed bowling coach of Indian Premier League franchise Kolkata Knight Riders on Tuesday (January 3).

"It is great to welcome Bala back to the KKR family," Venky Mysore, Kolkata Knight Rider's chief executive, said. "He was an integral part of our team and played a key role in helping us win the championship in 2012."

Balaji, who played for Kolkata Knight Riders from 2011 to 2013, will return to the team as a replacement for Wasim Akram, who stepped down from the role citing 'professional commitments and time constraints'.

"I had thoroughly enjoyed my stint as a player for KKR," Balaji had said, "And I am delighted to be back to the franchise that I have admired."

Balaji, who retired from first-class cricket in September 2016, is also a part of the Tamil Nadu's coaching set-up, in the role of a bowling coach. Under him, Tamil Nadu's pacer have performed exceedingly well and helped the side reach the semifinals of the ongoing Ranji Trophy.

Apart from Kolkata Knight Riders, the 35-year old has also played for Chennai Super Kings and Kings XI Punjab in the IPL.

Balaji appointed Kolkata Knight Riders bowling coach - Cricbuzz

Justsnow22 said:
Worst decision anyone can make KKR lol

Dont come to decision in order to his playing .. Gud player may not be a gud coach whereas Gud coach wasn't be a Gud player ex) John Buchanan oz won 3 world cup under his coaching technique .. Yeah he wasnt be a gud coach for kkr but his technique perfectly worked for oz ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock