Indian Railways is on The Verge of Bankruptcy, Says Dinesh Trivedi

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Recent talks in the media suggesting that Railways has posted its worst operating ratio in the past 16 years is a matter of great concern. In my recent speech in the Lok Sabha on Railways-Demand for Grants, I had mentioned, quoting figures, that the Railways is headed towards not only a financial crisis but a bankruptcy. And soon Railways may have to borrow money to pay salaries to its staff. The figures available publicly have almost confirmed this.

However, what the general public or stakeholders in the Railways do not know is that the operating ratio could be much worse than 96.9%. If rumours are to be believed, the actual operating ratio is more than 110. This means that one will have to invest a sum of Rs 110 to earn Rs 100.

Indian Railways is on The Verge of Bankruptcy, Says Dinesh Trivedi - News18

Reactions: Omi
Yeh toh hona hi tha (This was bound to happen. But can't raise prices - public dissatisfaction - since almost 3yrs - no price hike - government will bear I guess)

Prathamesh said:
Yeh toh hona hi tha (This was bound to happen. But can't raise prices - public dissatisfaction - since almost 3yrs - no price hike - government will bear I guess)

If tickets price rise it will affect only 3-4 crore people who uses railway for transportation but if price doesn't rise and run on loss then it affects all 125 crore people as all pays taxes and use goods carried by Railway. It's sad that to make 3-4 crore happy, 125 crore suffers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock