Seeking Help How to defrag the laptop internal drives in linux and ubuntu ?

I don't think that its possible to reconfigure specifications of any laptop except ram and hdd... Anyway, if your laptop perform slow even after taking all necessary steps...you can reinstall or use lighter version of linux

Please let me know how to install Lubuntu over my present Ubuntu 14.04 or how to uninstall Ubuntu 14.04 and then install Lubuntu.

I don't think that its possible to reconfigure specifications of any laptop except ram and hdd... Anyway, if your laptop perform slow even after taking all necessary steps...you can reinstall or use lighter version of linux

Please let me know how to install Lubuntu over my present Ubuntu 14.04 or how to uninstall Ubuntu 14.04 and then install Lubuntu.

Bro I don't think you can upgrade....you'll have to clean install or dual boot

Bro, everything is great but your laptop graphics is only 128mb which is really low ...
If you use LibreOffice and export a document as PDF (Menu > File > Export as PDF), there's the option to set a password:
68odY.png

This is really frustrating.

My LibreOffice has an icon saying "Export Directly as PDF" but when I click on that it converts the the document to PDF without asking for any option to set password :(

So how to uninstall the existing Ubuntu ?
That depends on how you hv installed Ubuntu. If you hv used wubi then you can just go to uninstall program if windows and uninstall wubi from there.

But if you hv installed Ubuntu by partitioning and is using Grub then you hv to delete the Ubuntu partition then use windows installer disk to remove grub bootloader and restore windows bootloader.

It seems you are not familiar with these things. So watch some YouTube videos about how to do it.

Last edited:
This is really frustrating.

My LibreOffice has an icon saying "Export Directly as PDF" but when I click on that it converts the the document to PDF without asking for any option to set password :(
you can install pdftk
  1. open your Ubuntu Terminal
  2. install pdftk by using this command : sudo apt-get install pdftk
  3. make sure pdftk is now installed by write this on terminal : pdftk
  4. you will see a bunch of pdftk command instructions if it already installed
  5. simply using this command to add a password to your existing pdf document
  6. pdftk <source>.pdf output <destination>.pdf userpw <password>

example:

pdftk Mydocs.pdf output Mydocs_pass.pdf userpw secretword

make sure you put complete filename and .pdf extension
you can read more here: How to set password for pdf files?

That depends on how you hv installed Ubuntu. If you hv used wubi then you can just go to uninstall program if windows and uninstall wubi from there.

But if you hv installed Ubuntu by partitioning and is using Grub then you hv to delete the Ubuntu partition then use windows installer disk to remove grub bootloader and restore windows bootloader.

It seems you are not familiar with these things. So watch some YouTube videos about how to do it.
Yes I am not familiar with Linux,Ubuntu etc but thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock