• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 774

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
@vishalrao bro, I need some help from you. As you have TP Link Deco XE75, can you please check whether you are able to connect the Deco with the Jio AirFiber through LAN and when connected, does the Deco provides both IPv4 and IPv6 on the Deco? For me IPv6 only coming on the JioFiber (in your case AirFiber) ONT. Even after multiple tries I couldn't get the IPv6 protocol on Deco enabled, despite Jio providing it.

Solution
I think it's working if I set the IPv6 connection type to "Bridge" in Deco app and leave mobile/PC IPv6 settings to auto/DHCP... can you try and confirm?

I am able to see IPv6 in fast.com and ipv6.google.com from browsers of both mobile and PC...
Hi @Bapun ok let me try this and update if as far as I can tonight - in the mean time, can you try connecting 1 of your xe75 device to your ONT and set the Deco in AP mode and also in DHCP mode and see if AP mode lets your clients (mobile, PC etc) get both the Jio IPv4 and IPv6 ? If you still face issue - ping me and I will try my Deco with my AirFiber...

Hi @Bapun ok let me try this and update if as far as I can tonight - in the mean time, can you try connecting 1 of your xe75 device to your ONT and set the Deco in AP mode and also in DHCP mode and see if AP mode lets your clients (mobile, PC etc) get both the Jio IPv4 and IPv6 ? If you still face issue - ping me and I will try my Deco with my AirFiber...
In Access Point mode, the Decos are detecting IPv6 okay. I just checked and can confirm it.

But I need the same behavior on router mode.

In Access Point mode, the Decos are detecting IPv6 okay. I just checked and can confirm it.

But I need the same behavior on router mode.

I seem to remember a setting in Deco app to enable/disable IPv6 option - have you tried that in router mode? Let me try it now - nobody else at home using wifi at the moment 🙃

I seem to remember a setting in Deco app to enable/disable IPv6 option - have you tried that in router mode? Let me try it now - nobody else at home using wifi at the moment 🙃
Yes, it's set to enabled. I have also tried tweaking different set of options within the IPv6 section but no luck. I guess I can not get the right set of configurations needed for JioFiber IPv6 work!

Currently I have the following config for IPv6 (and it doesn't detect or enable the IPv6 on the Deco!):

Internet connection type: Dynamic IP
Get IPv6 address: Auto
Prefix delegation: Off
DNS address: Auto
Assigned type: DHCPv6

Yes, it's set to enabled. I have also tried tweaking different set of options within the IPv6 section but no luck. I guess I can not get the right set of configurations needed for JioFiber IPv6 work!

Currently I have the following config for IPv6 (and it doesn't detect or enable the IPv6 on the Deco!):

Internet connection type: Dynamic IP
Get IPv6 address: Auto
Prefix delegation: Off
DNS address: Auto
Assigned type: DHCPv6

Try prefix delegation = ON ?

Yup not working for me either, I am trying some different options, there are many... I'll update shortly if something works...
Thanks. Let's hope that we can figure this out.

You are using your Decos in router or AP mode? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock