• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 773

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
@vishalrao bro, I need some help from you. As you have TP Link Deco XE75, can you please check whether you are able to connect the Deco with the Jio AirFiber through LAN and when connected, does the Deco provides both IPv4 and IPv6 on the Deco? For me IPv6 only coming on the JioFiber (in your case AirFiber) ONT. Even after multiple tries I couldn't get the IPv6 protocol on Deco enabled, despite Jio providing it.

Solution
I think it's working if I set the IPv6 connection type to "Bridge" in Deco app and leave mobile/PC IPv6 settings to auto/DHCP... can you try and confirm?

I am able to see IPv6 in fast.com and ipv6.google.com from browsers of both mobile and PC...
I think it's working if I set the IPv6 connection type to "Bridge" in Deco app and leave mobile/PC IPv6 settings to auto/DHCP... can you try and confirm?

I am able to see IPv6 in fast.com and ipv6.google.com from browsers of both mobile and PC...

Solution

Oh my! How did I miss trying that option? 🙈

I can confirm after selecting 'bridge' for IPv6 it works perfectly. Thank you so much. 🤗

kool so it works for wired fiber ont too :)

personally i prefer to keep my decos in AP mode especially since im using tplink er605 router too.

any particular reason you want to use router mode instead of AP mode for your decos?

kool so it works for wired fiber ont too :)
Yeah. I think both the ONT firmwares are similar in nature, except that the AirFiber ONT firmware is even more restricted.

any particular reason you want to use router mode instead of AP mode for your decos?
Mainly because AP mode provide less control over the Deco compared to router mode.

Can we change the Deco LAN IP in AP mode? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock