Help with Laptop issue

Itsme...

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi. I need some urgent help. My Laptop is HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14. The issue i am facing are
1. The cursor is lagging most of the time. It is getting struck in some place some time. I am using touch pad. No external mouse. I tried updating the driver. It is showing the driver is running on latest software. Please suggest something. Is it software related or i should change touch pad?(While typing this, cursor is working good)
2. The delete key is getting pressed automatically. It is actually not working. If you press it, noting will get deleted. But sometimes it gets activated on it's own and deleting my assignments. Many times icon of desktop. It's making it difficult to do something. You write a whole page and it get deleted later. Is it some software related issue? (While typing this, nothing is getting deleted)
Please suggest some quick fix if possible. I really have no time to take this to nearest service center.
Laptop is 4 years old.

You need to change your keyboard.

Check below which are the keys getting pressed.

You need to change your keyboard.

Check below which are the keys getting pressed.

Everything is working except delete key. Is there any way to disable delete key functions? This is a laptop key board. But those F keys are working great.
B0npBkz.jpg

Everything is working except delete key. Is there any way to disable delete key functions? This is a laptop key board. But those F keys are working great.
B0npBkz.jpg
In that case, keyboard is gone. You may try removing the delete key and clean the surrounding.

I had similar issue and had to go for replacement of keyboard. Good news is that you don't need to visit service center if laptop is out of warranty and can order replacement keyboard panel from Amazon and it's very easy to DIY.

Hi. I need some urgent help. My Laptop is HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14. The issue i am facing are
1. The cursor is lagging most of the time. It is getting struck in some place some time. I am using touch pad. No external mouse. I tried updating the driver. It is showing the driver is running on latest software. Please suggest something. Is it software related or i should change touch pad?(While typing this, cursor is working good)
2. The delete key is getting pressed automatically. It is actually not working. If you press it, noting will get deleted. But sometimes it gets activated on it's own and deleting my assignments. Many times icon of desktop. It's making it difficult to do something. You write a whole page and it get deleted later. Is it some software related issue? (While typing this, nothing is getting deleted)
Please suggest some quick fix if possible. I really have no time to take this to nearest service center.
Laptop is 4 years old.
I guess it's a driver issue. Try deleting your existing mouse driver and select some other vendors driver. Hopefully that should solve your issue.

For Cursor Issue:

Is your laptop AMD or Intel Based ?

I have observed a similar issue in one of my friends HP laptop which is around 5 years old and the mouse is stuttering like hell, kind of irritating, broke my head with ‘N’ number of trial and errors and then finally got an HP-AMD related driver kind of thing (Sorry I hardly remember it), see if you can install all the drivers that you got with ur laptop initially, it’ll be something like AMD display drivers/Graphic drivers something sort off….[there should be a similar driver for intel chips as well, give it a try]

Regarding keyboard, as suggested by others, clean the DEL key by taking it out but be careful to remove it, else best thing would be replacing keyboard, you should be able to get one for around 700-1000 online/offline.

I guess it's a driver issue. Try deleting your existing mouse driver and select some other vendors driver. Hopefully that should solve your issue.
How to do that? Please share some YouTube videos. I watched some video which said uninstall the driver and re-start the laptop. The windows will install the driver by itself. That will be okay?

In that case, keyboard is gone. You may try removing the delete key and clean the surrounding.

I had similar issue and had to go for replacement of keyboard. Good news is that you don't need to visit service center if laptop is out of warranty and can order replacement keyboard panel from Amazon and it's very easy to DIY.
I have one spare Key board and a mouse. But as my table is flat, using external keyboard will increase the distance between me and laptop. Is there any way i can disable the delete key completely? I don't use it at all.

Laptop is 4 years old.
That first issue can be solved by Uninstalling the driver. Steps- Go to Device manager- Mice and other pointing device- Then ELAN Touchpad- Then drivers- Uninstall driver. It will uninstall it and prompt you to restart laptop. Then it will be solved.
/Yet to solve 2nd issue.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock