Seeking Help laptop is dead ,want to save my data and salvage its parts

• Thread starter A^00P
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1
  • Views: Views 713

A^00P

Reaction score
My dell laptop suddenly has stopped working.it doesnt power on at all, no led glows.its out of warranty period so dell is also not providing any help .i have given to one of shops but chances are slim.I want to some how /any how save my data.also recently i had upgrade its ram too.Is there any way that i can salvage laptop parts specially ram/hdd.

is it possible that if i swap my hdd into some working laptop then that laptop would be able to start/work and then i can probably save my data ,bookmarks,history ???

Please suggest if there is any other alternatives possible

Regards

My dell laptop suddenly has stopped working.it doesnt power on at all, no led glows.its out of warranty period so dell is also not providing any help .i have given to one of shops but chances are slim.I want to some how /any how save my data.also recently i had upgrade its ram too.Is there any way that i can salvage laptop parts specially ram/hdd.

is it possible that if i swap my hdd into some working laptop then that laptop would be able to start/work and then i can probably save my data ,bookmarks,history ???

Please suggest if there is any other alternatives possible

Regards

If your laptop HDD is ok, then you can buy this and use the HDD as an external drive. You will also be able to access your existing files.

What's the need of saving bookmarks or history? Browser bookmarks, history, and extensions sync automatically (if you've signed in). Just sign in to the browser on your new computer, and everything should get restored.

If your old laptop RAM specs meet the requirements of your new laptop, then you may be able to increase RAM of your new laptop. If your old laptop's RAM is DDR3, then it will not work on newer laptops that require DDR4. In that case, you can try to sell your RAM in second-hand markets.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock