HBO content removed from Disney+ Hotstar in India

This company is run by unpredictable moody children. No one knows what's gonna happen. 😉
Maybe they're finally run by people who knows what their content is worth.

Zaslav and his CFO are doing everything right so far in the current economic climate. Even Bob Iger (Disney CEO) are following his path to cut unnecessary costs.

Walt Disney Co Chief Executive Bob Iger Thursday said the studio may resume making films and television shows for its rivals, marking a departure from recent years, when its production resources were harnessed to launch and grow its marquee Disney+ steaming service.

Iger told the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media and Telecom Conference in San Francisco that streaming services have traditionally relied on a volume of fresh content to attract subscribers. He said he hopes to embrace a more curated HBO-like approach of making a few high-quality shows built around its major brands, as he works to lift Disney+ to a profit.

"As we look to reduce the content that we're creating for our own platforms, there probably are opportunities to license to third parties," Iger said. "For a while, that was something we couldn't possibly do because we were so favoring our own streaming platforms. But if we get to a point where we need less content for these platforms, and we still have the capacity of producing that content, why not use it to grow revenue?"

Iger also talked about the possibility of licensing content to third parties.

P.S: Warner Bros Discovery license some of their top properties like Sweet Tooth, The Sandman, Batman: Caped Crusader to rivals like Netflix and Amazon and make money off of it.

I hope paramount takes back marvel. Those were the good days when marvel made sence. Even Sony is better than Disney.
Paramount never own Marvel Studios, it's Parent Independent Company Marvel entertainment Acquired by Disney in 2009.

Paramount holds theatrical distribution tenure those years, doesn't mean they produced those movies, like Paramount distribution these movies released by Disney through UTV Software communications in India.

I hope paramount takes back marvel. Those were the good days when marvel made sence. Even Sony is better than Disney.
Strongly disagree with you. Those older Marvel movies are forgetful. I don't even recall having any shows. Disney is handling Marvel properly. I don't think anyone can do justice to them. Talking about justice. Warner Bros has DC. Just see the state of DC. Apart from cartoons. Everything else sucks.

Strongly disagree with you. Those older Marvel movies are forgetful. I don't even recall having any shows. Disney is handling Marvel properly. I don't think anyone can do justice to them. Talking about justice. Warner Bros has DC. Just see the state of DC. Apart from cartoons. Everything else sucks.
Only problem with Marvel now is that they increased content quantity a bit and it made viewers feel less hype.

Now, they are trying to correct that as well.

I have strong gut feeling James Gunn change DC/DC Studios forever.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock