HBO content removed from Disney+ Hotstar in India

So, HBO Max will be available on Prime Video as add on subs?

So, HBO Max will be available on Prime Video as add on subs?
Most likely yeah.

IF they decide to give it Prime itself, then they will definitely increase the subscription cost by atleast ā‚¹500. It will become ā‚¹1999. Wouldn't be surprised even if it's ā‚¹2,499.

People who are simply subscribing to Prime for Free & Fast Delivery and a few movies and shows aren't going to pay that much extra and subscribe to Prime. So launching as a Prime Channel is the only smart/feasible decision.

Bringing it with Prime without a price-hike isn't happening in my opinion.

Discovery + itself going shutdown and merge with HBO Max/WBD OTT platform, short term deal with Amazon/hotstar helps them to start their own OTT platform with premium price like F1TV pro in India.

Discovery + itself going shutdown and merge with HBO Max/WBD OTT platform, short term deal with Amazon/hotstar helps them to start their own OTT platform with premium price like F1TV pro in India.
No chance of Discovery+ shutdown or merger of same with HBO Max. They are even signing deals overseas for content with third party OTT platforms. Amazon nowadays lacks content. Apart from some movies and odd series. I don't find APV attractive anymore. HBO content might help here. Even if they price a standalone platform around ā‚¹999/year it shouldn't be considered premium as F1 only offers F1 content. Here they got decades of HBO's content which is much better than what most other studios offers.

Total addressable market (TAM) for a premium service in India is < 5M. So it is pointless to launch a standalone app in the region.

Prime Video adding HBO titles free of cost will be a huge value proposition but how much are they willing to spend to close the deal with Warner Bros Discovery.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock