Government asks Microsoft for discount on Windows OS

sumitroy

Editor-in-chief, OnlyTech
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
The government has asked global software giant Microsoft to offer a “one-time special” discount to its users in India so that they can move to the latest operating system (OS) and stay protected against malware and ransomware attacks.

“We have asked Microsoft to offer a one-time special pricing, so that people are able to replace their old OS with the latest OS (Windows 10),” National Cyber Security Advisor Gulshan Rai told PTI.
The response from Microsoft has been positive and they have agreed in-principle, he added.

Government asks Microsoft for discount on Windows OS

Last edited:
@Sarkar bro.I am salaried person.I just use cleartax to pay it for free.No gst excel for me.But yes they may have problem with macros.

I'm very much surprised why many persons using a third party like cleartax for ITR. Filling it from income tax own site is at least 10 times easier (you can't get much simpler & user friendly govt. site like that). For first time user, click 'from PAN database'. If you have your details like Income, investments & Bank details (nothing more) ready, it'll take hardly 3-5 minutes to complete.
I'm using it for the last 7 years and also helping many of my colleagues.
Just try it once, you'll surely realize using cleartax is a big mistake.
Note: It's also free.

Last edited:
@Pranab bro.I have also used gov site from 2009.But if you have your form16 in pdf,Cleartax is much easier as you just need to upload it. Started using it from last year.Just do the e verify from gov site.It will take 2 min only barring the wait time

Ps I am not promoting any site.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock