Breaking Microsoft will close Support for Windows 7 in 2020

I know a lot of people who use Windows 7 with updates turned off. No more updates are not going to force them out of Windows 7. Any of you switched because of " no updates " ?

With a good antivirus and firewall, you have some peace of mind. That is going to continue for those users who are not bothered by the update going off.

I hate the way Windows 10 pushes updates. The last one corrupted 2 of my machines. No way to turn updates of completely.

I hate the way Windows 10 pushes updates. The last one corrupted 2 of my machines. No way to turn updates of completely.
Who said there isn't. Where there is will, there is a way. If you are running a Pro version of Windows 10 then you can easily disable updates using group policy. For Windows 10 home, there is no "official" way but tricks are available online to stop automatic updates.

I set WiFi as a metered connection. That should be enough, right ? MS says it won't update GBs worth of update through a metered connection. Now tell me what they have done ? Breach of trust, fraud, malicious practice ? You just need to find a word. I am not using cracked Windows. They should understand that

1. I pay for my data

2. You cannot modify the contents of hardware I bought according to your wish

If you are running a Pro version of Windows 10 then you can easily disable updates using group policy.

Would be great if you share a resource on this. Saw something like this before.

Microsoft will issue an update to all Windows 7 users to fix a bug caused by January 14, 2020 (KB4534310) rollup update.
After installing KB4534310, your desktop wallpaper might display as black when set to Stretch.
We are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release, which will be released to all customers running Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4534310/windows-7-update-kb4534310

I still love Windows 7. My pc is 12 years old. DDR2 mother board, 3gb ram, Intel dual core processor. I use it for playing gta iv, watching movies and internet browsing. So don't want to upgrade now.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock