Good News MS Released Security Patch for Windows XP OS ..

Sai Jai

Reaction score
In the wake of the recent cyber attacks including 'WannaCrpyt", Microsoft has issued a "highly unusual" patch for Windows XP users to help governments and enterprises minimise future malware attacks.

"In reviewing the updates for this month, some vulnerabilities were identified that pose elevated risk of cyberattacks by government organisations, sometimes referred to as nation-state actors, or other copycat organisations," said Adrienne Hall, General Manager, Cyber Defense Operations Centre, Microsoft, in a blog post on Tuesday.

"To address this risk, we are providing additional security updates along with our regular 'Update Tuesday' service. These security updates are being made available to all customers, including those using older versions of Windows," Hall added.

Read More

Microsoft Windows XP Security Patch Released

According to Ars Technica (Microsoft’s decision to patch Windows XP is a mistake):
"While Microsoft's position is a tricky one, we argue in this post first published in 2014 that patching is the wrong decision: it sends a clear message to recalcitrant corporations that they can stick with Windows XP, insecure as it is, because if anything too serious is found, Microsoft will update it anyway. Windows 10 contains a wide range of defense-in-depth measures that will never be included in Windows XP: every time an organization resists upgrading to Microsoft's latest operating system, it jeopardizes its own security."

It's so true MS shouldn't release any security patch to unsupported os

Last edited:
@sumitroy bro so shall I report the thread for close??

no not at all
its a good thread Bro..
I was talking about MS patching xp
if they keep on patching windows xp then many xp user will not upgrade their system to windows 10..
and of-course its a good news for windows xp users..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock