Google Chrome Tests Out a More Personal New Tab Page

Reaction score
58e6920847d38acf28f58d3ba62ee78c.jpg

A recent change to the Chrome Dev build on Android could indicate a new feature coming to the browser soon. Android Police points out that users are seeing a Google Now-powered content list on their devices, and I was able to pull it up easily after installing the test version of the app on my device. Google Reader it isn't, but it does bring the personalized suggestions closer to people who might not open the Search bar as often as their browser.

69db5ee8352e3f6138f0926d342e0490.jpg

Even without installing a developer build, you could see the "Articles for you" but typing in Chrome://flags and trying to switch "Show content snippets on the New Tab Page" to enabled. That worked for me in the beta and regular versions on Android, although there's no indication when Google may make it the default for everyone -- just a hint towards a future where your phone knows what you want without needing to be asked.

Source: Android Police, Chrome Dev (Google Play)
In this article: Android, Chrome, ChromeDev, flags, gear, google, GoogleNow, internet, mobile, reader, test

Google Chrome Tests Out a More Personal New Tab Page | Engadget.Com |

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock