Google Chrome - News, Updates & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 340
  • Views: Views 40,916
This new theme uses more space. I didn't like that either. But I still use chrome because (I feel) it is more secure (compare to other chromium browsers).

Waiting for MS-Edge chromium based browser.
Me too switched back to Chrome today!! I want to KILL Google!

I don't like this new Chrome UI either, but no great alternate browser, so somehow managing with it.

Mobile Chrome also having this silly UI update, so didn't updated it yet and marked the app as manual update.😅

here comes more bad news for chrome users. It seems google is asking us to switch to Firefox :mad:

Google Chrome could soon kill off most ad-blocker extensions | ZDNet

Raymond Hill, the developer of uBlock Origin and uMatrix, raised concerns on Tuesday via the Chromium bug tracker that upcoming changes to certain Chrome APIs would mean his extensions can "no longer exist".
Google never budges once they make a decision. The recent design changes in Chrome tabs is a good example. Despite of so much flak, they didn't care to enable the flag!!

And most Websites/Apps/Pages are now building their code based on Chrome. IE/Firefox are not being considered as the primary browsers anymore. Google made the browser popular and created a monopoly by Google! Developers don't have much choice now except following their standards. And also, it's undeniable fact that Firefox isn't as fast as Chrome despite of such claims from them.

I recently wanted to switch to Firefox because of this tab design, but after spending an hour or so with it I understood it's lagging and switched to Cent. Finally switched back to Chrome realizing there might be security issues with third party Chromium browsers. Edge might be our only hope, if they can do any better with Chromium base.

Why does people hate ads on TV but love on internet specially on mobile ?

Anyway
I think it's probably because people can still do what they intend to do on mobile/laptop with Ads (They co-exist with actual content), and on TV you don't have any choice except watching the ad (People are Ok with Ads on EPG). Chrome also enabled native blocking to block annoying ads like TV ads, which doesn't allow the user to do anything except watching it!

I really miss those 2008 era when we only had text only ads :verysad2:
Web was not so much developed then bro. Internet was also very slow so loading images could have taken much time. Now heavy pages loads in a blink of eye.

Chrome v72.0.3626.81 now available for download

dOA7ZSn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock