Google Chrome - News, Updates & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 339
  • Views: Views 39,340
Chrome Duet getting removed!

There have been variants of a bottom bar interface being tested in Chrome for Android for several years at this point. First was 'Chrome Home,' which moved the entire address bar to the bottom of the screen, which was later revamped into 'Duplex,' then renamed to 'Duet' to avoid confusion with the Google Assistant feature of the same name. Now it appears the long-running interface experiment is gone for good.

Chrome 84 removes Duet interface, tests bottom tab switcher, blocks some intrusive notifications, and more (APK Download)

Chrome duet mode bottom tab changer navigation removed on Chrome 84 for Android. I was used to with the UI. Now back to top navigation, i don't like it. :(

With the latest update, Chrome not starting properly on mobile. It opens and stays blank, got to close and reopen browser.

With the latest update, Chrome not starting properly on mobile. It opens and stays blank, got to close and reopen browser.
Yes, it seems to be a bug on this version. I noticed it happens when we closed all tabs and shut Chrome. If you open one tab (even keep it on homepage) then it doesn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock