Google Chrome - News, Updates & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 339
  • Views: Views 39,355
Google revealed today that starting with Chrome 84, which is expected to come out in July of this year, it will enable the quieter notification prompts for all sites with "abusive permission requests."

Google will notify websites through Search Console if the company detects abusive notification experiences, at which point the site will have 30 days to remove the behavior or the quieter interface will kick in.

uNODR1C.gif

Chrome is cracking down on websites that trick people into enabling notifications

Have they reworked on the extensions menu?
AFAIK, there wasn't any extensions menu. The Extensions toolbar menu was already available on Chrome (under Flags) since months. They've just enabled it in this update.

AFAIK, there wasn't any extensions menu.
There was a basic extensions page from quite some i believe.

3 dots -> More tools -> Extensions

It used to take to chrome://extensions/

There was a basic extensions page from quite some i believe.

3 dots -> More tools -> Extensions

It used to take to chrome://extensions/
It is still there and you can manage extensions from chrome://extensions/. Nothing changed there.

Google has quietly released a new version of Chrome which looks set to radically reduce the amount of memory the browser needs to run. The benefit will be felt both by power users, who like to have lots of tabs open, and those with older computers who desperately need Chrome to become less of an infamous resource hog.

Google Confirms Massive Upgrade For Chrome Users

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock