GFA to appeal AIFF over players participation in local league

Reaction score
Panaji, Jun 17 (PTI) The Goa Football Association has decided to write to the All India Football Federation to allow I-League players in Goa to play 45 matches in the local league instead of the 40 stipulated last season.

The GFA executive committee in its meeting yesterday congratulated the management, coach, support staff and players of Salgaocar Sports Club for winning the I-League title and Sporting Clube de Goa for being promoted to the I-League 2011-12.

The committee also congratulated Dempo coach Armando Colaco for being appointed the chief coach of the national senior team, a GFA press release said.

Also, various recommendations made by the media committee and the youth development committee were accepted, the statement said.

It was decided to complete the preliminary rounds of all youth tournaments within a period of three months and the teams be divided into groups in such a way that they play a minimum of eight matches.

The GFA''s executive committee was informed that an instructor from the Football Federation of Australia will visit Goa to train coaches and instructors involved in coaching players below 12 years.

This programme will be in partnership and guidance of the Australian Sports Outreach Programme (ASOP), the statement said.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock