Seeking Help Getting Wrong sms from Jio

• Thread starter Thread starter Optimus_Prime
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 13
  • Views Views: Views 2,394
@Optimus_Prime bro did you do anything about it?

Today I received this message from Jio :(. I did not order any Jio number.

mu1wpAk.jpeg
I posted on X and after few days It got solved automatically. I did not received any message after that.

I posted on X and after few days It got solved automatically. I did not received any message after that.
Shaming company on social media works better than reaching out to customer service. One food delivery app was ignoring my mails and delaying my refund. Until I shamed them.

My number is finally unlinked from that Jio number. I can confirm. 🥳

Here's the full story:

I mailed Jio, and they raised a service request on that number, but they closed the service request after 48 hours without doing anything. I emailed them again, and they raised another service request on that Jio number. This time, I also received a call from Jio. I explained everything to them, and they said it would be resolved within 48 hours. So, I waited for 48 hours and checked the service request status, and it was closed again without unlinking my number from that Jio number.

Since I was able to log in to the lost SIM page using my number, I could see the service requests raised on that number for RMN removal. I could also see his profile. However, on the profile page, it doesn't tell anything other than his name and what phone he is using. I can't change the alternate number. So, either he can do it or Jio CC.

I was frustrated, and I emailed Jio again with all the screenshots from the Jio website as proof that my number is still linked with that Jio number. I also logged in to the lost SIM page and suspended his number. I also mentioned that in the email. They reopened the last service request.

Then, I received a call from Jio, but I was unable to pick it up. However, in the evening when I tried to log in to the lost SIM page, I could no longer see the last two digits of my phone number and couldn't send OTP to my number, which confirms that they finally unlinked my number with that Jio number.

If you are wondering how to check if your alternate number is linked to a Jio number, visit the Jio website, click on Login at the top right, then click the other login option, and select Lost SIM. Put the Jio number and click proceed, it'll show the last two digits of the alternate number. Further, you can choose that alternate number and click Proceed. If you receive an OTP, then your number is linked to that Jio number.

Back
Top Bottom