General Discussions on Bharti Airtel

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 596
  • Views: Views 89,618
lnFLrHW.jpg

New prepaid plan from Airtel includes Netflix 84 days validity,3 gb data costs ₹1499

Airtel Delhi circle subscriber travelled to Bihar close to the international border and unknowingly latched on to Nepalese network while continuing to remain on Indian soil and got a ₹1 lakh international roaming bill from Airtel.

Before Jio days, Airtel mostly never harass Postpaid customers as they gave much more ARPU (I was using Solitaire 1799 monthly plan at that time - 8GB data + 10000 minutes). After Jio, when they were forced to reduce tariffs and offer more benefits to the customers, they stopped the discrimination of Postpaid or Prepaid customers and they harass both customers equally, whenever they get a chance.

So nowadays there is NO benefit in taking Postpaid of Airtel. It is always better to take Prepaid in Airtel, to avoid such Bill Shocks.

Before Jio days, Airtel mostly never harass Postpaid customers as they gave much more ARPU (I was using Solitaire 1799 monthly plan at that time - 8GB data + 10000 minutes). After Jio, when they were forced to reduce tariffs and offer more benefits to the customers, they stopped the discrimination of Postpaid or Prepaid customers and they harass both customers equally, whenever they get a chance.

So nowadays there is NO benefit in taking Postpaid of Airtel. It is always better to take Prepaid in Airtel, to avoid such Bill Shocks.
Strange I didn’t faced any issues with their postpaid team till now my family using the postpaid services before jio era and my father hates jio postpaid with in a week after switching to it and switched to airtel postpaid again after 90 days

In my opinion airtel postpaid team is way better than airtel black team

Strange I didn’t faced any issues with their postpaid team till now my family using the postpaid services before jio era and my father hates jio postpaid with in a week after switching to it and switched to airtel postpaid again after 90 days

In my opinion airtel postpaid team is way better than airtel black team

Now I am using Jio Postpaid (Rs199 plan - 25GB 4G Data, UL Calls and 5G Data now) for last two years, without any issues. Earlier I had Airtel Corporate Postpaid Connections (24+ including Vehicle tracking) for more than 10 years. Earlier Airtel's Postpaid services were very very good, incl tariffs immune to hikes, no unwanted VAS activations, Priority CC with required knowledge, even my coverage complaints were handled swiftly. But after the entry of Jio, Airtel has gone to full on cost cutting, especially quality CC for Postpaid customers (now it is very difficult to get call connected to human CC within minutes). Earlier my friend was Airtel Postpaid dealer and helped a lot in sorting out issues. But later Airtel removed the power from the dealers, even for small things like Plan change (a big problem for Corp customers, whose plans are totally different from retail customers, as most of the plans are custom made). Now Airtel is having its own Co operated showroom, and it is nothing less than a scam, imho. The guys there converts whoever comes for small things like SIM change (2G to 4G) to Retail Postpaid, giving false promises of permanent discount in rentals, so much so that, there is a joke like, "Airtel Prepaid customers totally avoided using that road, where the Airtel owned Postpaid Co showroom is located".

If you still want a proof for bad experience from Airtel Postpaid team, here is a fresh one.
Airtel Delhi circle subscriber travelled to Bihar close to the international border and unknowingly latched on to Nepalese network while continuing to remain on Indian soil and got a ₹1 lakh international roaming bill from Airtel.

Last edited:

cn3hhSo.png

GPRS in the days of 5G. That too non-working data in prime location of the city.

Thanks AT for making me relive the nostalgic moments of 2000s in 2023 🥲

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock