General Discussions on Bharti Airtel

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 594
  • Views: Views 88,071
Airtel wants another tariff hike for mobiles.airtel: Mobile tariff may rise again in 2022: Airtel's Gopal Vittal - Mobile tariff may rise again in 2022: Airtel's Gopal Vittal
some of things mentioned in the article i disagree that only 17- 18 gb per month is barely used then why is Jio offer better 2gb per day fr 6 or 12 month or 3gb per day users would be not be subscribing it. per day minimum at least some of the users thanks to jio got used to using 2gb per day min 60 gb per month or 1.5*30= 45 gb per month . though school and college opened . banking is still done online , shopping , ott and even e- learning is increasing online along with regular offline schools and people are using net to learn about new tech apps , they cant generalize that people have started using less net though they do use net judiciously but they definitely not using it less as its usage is being increased in daily usage directly or indirectly.

Another round of tariff hike from Airtel.

M1qQuMS.jpg

i disagree that only 17- 18 gb per month is barely used then why is Jio offer better 2gb per day fr 6 or 12 month or 3gb per day users would be not be subscribing it.
Airtel has mentioned the average data usage among entire 4G userbase. Not everyone uses the 1.5 or 2 GB per day fully.

That is bound to happen, they missed the 2020 hike target due to covid and had to wait till 2021 end, so this time the hike will happen earlier in 2022 between July to September.
If this happens, will network get free from excessive load? Will people shift to broadband? Airtel and Vi are superfast in Mumbai already. Airtel and Vi are hitting 150Mbps consistently on One Plus phones. People have moved to Jio from both these two in past and hence speeds on these phones are pretty fast. Vi upgraded the network in last couple of years in Mumbai and hence the results. I just wish Vi makes 40Mhz in band 41 and crushes the competition by bringing double data offer and by removing caps on speeds wherever they are doing. That's the only thing they should do for next one year.

Is there any chance that Airtel and Vi buys band 1 and band 41 spectrum and exhaust them completely in this auction?

Last edited:
That is bound to happen, they missed the 2020 hike target due to covid and had to wait till 2021 end, so this time the hike will happen earlier in 2022 between July to September.
Smart recharge might remove before tariff hike or else increase to Rs.129/- and Unlimited calls may starts from Rs.199/-.

Last edited:
Is there any chance that Airtel and Vi buys band 1 and band 41 spectrum and exhaust them completely in this auction?
Chances are low for Vi to buy anything meaningful in the upcoming auction, not even 4G spectrum leave alone 5G. They are unable to pay for spectrum that they bought in previous auctions and are facing massive subscriber losses along with loss of 35% equity to the government. They will buy only when they are able to raise funds from the promoters and when subscriber losses get stemmed.
Airtel has all the 4G spectrum it needs for the next 5 years and will only look to buy 5G spectrum if it is priced reasonably by the government. Same applies to Jio.
I don't see any fresh demand for Band 41 spectrum, the only reason Vi had bid for band 41 in the 2016 auction was because band 40 was exhausted. Band 1 might see fresh demand when the 2010 auction comes up for renewal in 2030.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock