General Discussions on Bharti Airtel

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 596
  • Views: Views 89,344
k2lJjHk.jpg

Now on this plan showing 28 days validity

If I want to port out from Airtel Postpaid, then apart from Bill due, how much excess payment should I do?
Eg: If my Plan is Rs 299 + GST = Rs 359, then per day works out to be around: Rs 12.
If my plan Billing Cycle is ending on 31st Jan and I go to new operator on 1st Feb, then I need to pay:
  • My due bill: Rs 359 (for month of Jan)
  • Approximately 5 days additional: Rs 12 x 5 = Rs 60.
  • Anything more?
Also, how do I make this excess payment? Apps like AmazonPay, Paytm, Freecharge dont allow any payment if there is no payment due, so after I pay my bill of Rs 359, how do I pay the excess Rs 60? This is required as if any amount is due (bill or unbilled), then the operator might reject the port out request.

If I want to port out from Airtel Postpaid, then apart from Bill due, how much excess payment should I do?
Eg: If my Plan is Rs 299 + GST = Rs 359, then per day works out to be around: Rs 12.
If my plan Billing Cycle is ending on 31st Jan and I go to new operator on 1st Feb, then I need to pay:
  • My due bill: Rs 359 (for month of Jan)
  • Approximately 5 days additional: Rs 12 x 5 = Rs 60.
  • Anything more?
Also, how do I make this excess payment? Apps like AmazonPay, Paytm, Freecharge dont allow any payment if there is no payment due, so after I pay my bill of Rs 359, how do I pay the excess Rs 60? This is required as if any amount is due (bill or unbilled), then the operator might reject the port out request.
As long as you don't have any outstanding it's fine to port out. May be you can port out exactly after your bill payment. Make sure your payment is reflected. Any outstanding after port out will be still be billed and you have to pay. I had some 23 rupees outstanding i guess. They blocked my number in the new operator after a month or so.

The twist is you no longer have the ability to pay custom amount in any app i guess. When i ported out I had that ability.

Any outstanding after port out will be still be billed and you have to pay. I had some 23 rupees outstanding i guess. They blocked my number in the new operator after a month or so.
To avoid this situation, isn't it best to pay some additional amount like Rs 60 - Rs 80 earlier itself? What did you do after they blocked your number in the new operator?

To avoid this situation, isn't it best to pay some additional amount like Rs 60 - Rs 80 earlier itself? What did you do after they blocked your number in the new operator?
I had to call my old operator and confirmed about the payment and they notified the current operator. But there was delay for sure.

Another thing is if you pay more than the bill, they will send a cheque to your billing address for the excess amount.

So just pay more than the expected bill.

Thanks, earlier in the threads on this forum, I had read about certain operators giving 56 day plan free for porting in to them. Is this still happening, and which operators do it? Where to get these offers?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock