Discussion General discussions and updates on Credit cards

Finally I applied for Bob easy credit card and i twit for rupay credit card. I atteched my ICICI bank credit Card which has limit 1 lac RS i think my credit card will approve. After approve i will close my one sbi simpli save card
Kindly, note closing credit card will impact on your credit score better you downgrade your SBI Card to lifetime free if available else you can go for closing it.

The cards I have:
CardFees (GST Extra)Add-on
HDFC Infinia100002
AMEX Gold4500
AMEX MR4500
Axis Ace500
Axis Flipkart500
BoB Eterna MC24991
BoB Eterna Visa24992
Citi Rewards1000
ICICI SapphiroLTF
ICICI Coral500
ICICI Amazon PayLTF
IDFC SelectLTF
IDFC Select 2LTF
Indusind PlatinumLTF
Indusind Platinum Aura EdgeLTF
Kotak Urbane Gold199
SBI Fbb5001
SBI SimplyClick5001
SBI Simpliclick 2500
UBI SignatureLTF
Yes First PreferredLTF
In last 5 months, few changes in my credit card folios.
AMEX MR is upgraded to Platinum Travel.
Axis Privilege was in my kitty for approx 3 months, closed it and have Vistara Infinite (with 1 add-on).
Axis Flipkart add-on which I received 2+ years ago, finally activated through Vistara Infinite Premium customer support.
2 BOB Energie cards added.
HDFC Tata Neu Infinity Rupay added (shared limit with Infinia).
ICICI Expressions, HPCL added.
Indusind Platinum Aura Edge upgraded to Signature Legend.
Kotak Urbane Gold upgraded to Privy Platinum.
Besides these, I handle my mother's HDFC Moneyback+ and wife's following cards.
Axis Vistara Infinite.
BOB Eterna Visa + 2 Add-on.
HDFC Diners Club Privilege.
SBI Elite.
So I handle total 32 cards (excluding add-on).

Last edited:
Got an SMS from SBI that I am eligible for a Pre-Approved credit card. And when I click on the link and apply, it is asking me to allot a percentage of the credit limit of my existing SBI CC.
So my question is if I apply for the new card, and later close the existing (old) card, does the new card gets closed too?

Got an SMS from SBI that I am eligible for a Pre-Approved credit card. And when I click on the link and apply, it is asking me to allot a percentage of the credit limit of my existing SBI CC.
So my question is if I apply for the new card, and later close the existing (old) card, does the new card gets closed too?
New card doesnt get closed here the limit will be shared in the percentage you give between old and new card

New card doesnt get closed here the limit will be shared in the percentage you give between old and new card
What happens to the total limit if I close one of the cards?

Suppose I have a total of ₹15000 credit limit. And I have allotted ₹5000 to 1st card and ₹10000 to 2nd card. Now if I close the 1st card, what happens to its credit limit? Does it get lost? Or will the ₹5000 get added to the ₹10000 of the 2nd card?

What happens to the total limit if I close one of the cards?

Suppose I have a total of ₹15000 credit limit. And I have allotted ₹5000 to 1st card and ₹10000 to 2nd card. Now if I close the 1st card, what happens to its credit limit? Does it get lost? Or will the ₹5000 get added to the ₹10000 of the 2nd card?
I am not sure about that I think it will get added to the second card but not sure

HDFC is offering increased credit limit to customers, you can check if you have a HDFC Card, mine got increased by 50K.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock