General Discussions about Vi (Vodafone Idea)

Could you tell me which circle is ur number from?

I have read this at a few places. Has the Auto-Debit amount been revised to Rs 128 for Vi? Is that going to be the new "minimum recharge" for 28 days service validity henceforth?
Maharashtra Circle

So, auto-debit is now Rs 128 in certain circles.
Also, I saw Rs 49, Rs 65, Rs 79, Rs 95 plans co-exist with Rs 128. The former plans provide talktime balance and some data. The Rs 128 plan provides nothing at all, except 28 days service validity.

As of now, it doesnt make sense for anyone to even use Rs 128 recharge. In fact, even the Rs 379 recharge for 28 days works out to be Rs 126 per 28 days, providing Unlimited Calls and 6GB total data as well. Logic says that operators may soon remove the Rs 379 plan (I think?).

Also, looks like all – Rs 49, Rs 65, Rs 79, Rs 95 plans will be removed. Anyone has got any more information regarding this?

Just checked Vi website again.
Rs 48 pack (3GB) - it is now showing 28 days service validity again (was cut down to NO service validity)
Rs 95 combo pack - it is now showing 56 days service validity again (was cut down to 35 days service validity)
Rs 49 combo pack - it is now showing 28 days service validity again (was cut down to 14 days service validity)

Any info if this is correct and they have reinstated the earlier service validity periods for the above packs?

Also, the controversial Rs 128 pack has been removed from the available Recharge options. Looks like someone has filed a huge complaint/case against them.

Last edited:
Looks like Vi has got a huge backlash for:
  • Removing outgoing SMS facility from Rs 39, Rs 49, Rs 65, Rs 79, Rs 95, Rs 99, Rs 109 packs
  • Making the minimum recharge amount Rs 128 to avail outgoing SMS facility
  • Silently changing Auto-Debit amount from Rs 46 to Rs 128. Many users who regularly get pestering SMS about auto-debit didnt get the SMS at all, and suddenly on last day, Rs 128 got auto-debited for extending validity by 28 days.
They have received extreme number of complaints, looks like since 18-Jul-2021 when this change was done.
As of now, it appears that they have rolled back these changes and on the website, we see the plans with old details.
The "No outgoing SMS" tag from lower value plans also appears to have been removed.

It was too good to be true. Website again updated. The reduced benefits are now seen on the website.

VoId always follow Airtel like a slave. But this time, they have no other option at all. They are the ones who are badly in need of tariff hikes and if they resist this hike, especially when their master Airtel is hiking, then both Airtel and Jio will never join them in future tariff hike (so that VoId can die faster) as well as oppose floor pricing (even in discussion level).

Actually this tariff hike from Rs49 to Rs79 will back fire VoId more than Airtel, but again, this is better option for VoId than not hiking at all. This will be the biggest opportunity for BSNL to gain subscribers (for secondary connection), but History says, BSNL always love to mess up their great opportunities ever, so I don't have high hopes on them as well.

Maybe for secondary users. Regular users are clever enough to go for unlimited plans.

Vi reduces validity of Rs.49/- from 28 days to 14 days and Rs.79/- is minimum recharge now in Maharashtra and Gujarat circles. Soon they will implement pan India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock