General Discussions about Vi (Vodafone Idea)

Looks like in Madurai, VoId has stopped 3G and started Band 1 + 3 CA and speeds are pretty good. Even in my town, speeds have improved a lot (second only to Jio), so much so that, I have started using my tertiary Idea Sim in my Moto G62. Even though VoId has zero coverage in one of my factories, where I spend 2 hours a day, Moto G62's extraordinary battery life has convinced me to use that SIM now.

Main reason for speed boost is many people have left VoId in our area and moved to Airtel and Jio. Jio and Airtel speeds have reduced a bit, still at usable levels though (Jio still number one in speed and coverage here).

When my perception on VoId is improving, here comes the bad news about them (TITLE is := Clear dues or lose tower access: Indus Towers to Vodafone Idea)... So even if they get 20k crore funding (which in itself is a very very big IF), it may NOT go for improvement of network coverage. Looks like Voda has to sell its stake in Indus Towers more to continue their operations.

So Guys, just enjoy the empty network till it lasts, say till the end of the Moratorium period.

Last edited:
Does Vi still have Data carry forward option for same plan? Previously I used to recharge for 455 plan and add a data plan. When I recharge 455 again, data from both old 455 plan, data plan and new 455 plan will get extended. Does that happen still?

1 year of Sonyliv mobile only pack at Rs.698
EYO7YVt.jpg

Have there been any changes w.r.t data being carried forward?
I used to recharge Rs 118 and get 12 GB data, now at the end of 28 days, I used to recharge again and previous data used to get carried forward, but this time when I did in Sep2022, all previous data was lost. Any idea how/why, and if anything has changed w.r.t data carry forward for Vi?

This is so much appreciated. I can test speed before buying a plan.
o1Z0NwY.jpg

Have there been any changes w.r.t data being carried forward?
I used to recharge Rs 118 and get 12 GB data, now at the end of 28 days, I used to recharge again and previous data used to get carried forward, but this time when I did in Sep2022, all previous data was lost. Any idea how/why, and if anything has changed w.r.t data carry forward for Vi?
Would anyone be able to confirm this, if data is not getting carried forward if I recharge before plan expiry?
Eg: I had done this.
Recharge Rs 118, got 12 GB data, service validity 28 days.
About 8 GB Data was left. On last day, I recharged Rs 99 plan, and got 200 MB data of the plan, and entire 8 GB got carried forward. Did this multiple times and the data kept getting carried forward but in Sep'2022 around 4 GB data that was left got lost entirely.

Vi customer care as usual has no clue about anything. Even appellate doesnt know anything.

Have any of you guys been able to carry forward data in recent months?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock