General Discussions about Vi (Vodafone Idea)

I expected this reply. In all cities of Tamil Nadu I visited last year, Vi was excellent and even though speeds were capped, 1+3 was excellent. I didn't latch on to 3G even once. I recently visited Pondicherry/Kodaikanal for a short trip and experience was excellent. Used devices, Mi10i/Mi11X/Moto G40 Fusion/A52s. Whereas my other sim was Airtel and it has lots of issues barring Chennai.
I don't know how many months you stayed in all over Tamilnadu atleast in days there is no complain in outdoor coverage (I'm speaking abt 5 network bars) but indoor coverage is worsts many time in my home i came across this situation like below image

Searching In Bed GIF by NTE Grøntforsprang

Last edited:
I don't know how many months you stayed in all over Tamilnadu atleast in days there is no complain in outdoor coverage (I'm speaking abt 5 network bars) but indoor coverage is worsts many time in my home i came across this situation like below image

Searching In Bed GIF by NTE Grøntforsprang
Same situation faced here also, i was using VI with iPhone and never found satisfactory coverage or speed in Telangana, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and Himachal in last one year irrespective of rural or urban areas.

Eventually moved to Airtel and much better service comparison to VI.

I expected this reply. In all cities of Tamil Nadu I visited last year, Vi was excellent and even though speeds were capped, 1+3 was excellent. I didn't latch on to 3G even once. I recently visited Pondicherry/Kodaikanal for a short trip and experience was excellent. Used devices, Mi10i/Mi11X/Moto G40 Fusion/A52s. Whereas my other sim was Airtel and it has lots of issues barring Chennai.
Vi was much better in Tamil Nadu before merger. I was using Vi for almost 5 to 6 years. I ported to airtel and Jio and switched back to Vi. But now forced to use Airtel as it's better than Vi now or Vi is now worse than airtel.

We can soon expect Vi disappearing from the market.

If they have to sustain in the market, they have to disrupt the market just like Docomo and Aircel did once.

In Tamil Nadu, Aircel was the pioneer in introducing a lot tariff boosters. They kept disrupting the market. Vi should do the same now.

Vi was much better in Tamil Nadu before merger. I was using Vi for almost 5 to 6 years. I ported to airtel and Jio and switched back to Vi. But now forced to use Airtel as it's better than Vi now or Vi is now worse than airtel.

We can soon expect Vi disappearing from the market.

If they have to sustain in the market, they have to disrupt the market just like Docomo and Aircel did once.

In Tamil Nadu, Aircel was the pioneer in introducing a lot tariff boosters. They kept disrupting the market. Vi should do the same now.
Forgot about boosters they must resolve the volte issue as well as indoor coverage issue then only these boosters are effective meanwhile after Jio now Vi most affordable plans having freebies like free night surfing , vi movies , data rollover etc...etc... Which we can't expect in Airtel .. but still they losing coz of network issue for a reason

Forgot about boosters they must resolve the volte issue as well as indoor coverage issue then only these boosters are effective meanwhile after Jio now Vi most affordable plans having freebies like free night surfing , vi movies , data rollover etc...etc... Which we can't expect in Airtel .. but still they losing coz of network issue for a reason
They have to priced less than Jio imo. I don't understand why even BSNL is matching up with Airtel and Vi. BSNL should be the cheapest, then Vi and followed by jio or airtel. Everyone should not have same prices.

They have to priced less than Jio imo. I don't understand why even BSNL is matching up with Airtel and Vi. BSNL should be the cheapest, then Vi and followed by jio or airtel. Everyone should not have same prices.
This will not happen at any cost in this era .. their ego won't allow to do that .. if they do that then that's like losing their so called premium name to Jio thars why AVi always having 50 to 60rs higher than Jio packs .. if we paying that price to them then its called premium brand same applies to TS in dth

But here our Motta bhai business tactic is awesome they don't want premium name they want profit with happy users that's it

Well Idea was much better in Hyderabad before the merger, It got ruined after becoming Vi. Consolidation actually didnt go well, atleast in the areas i spend most of my time
I think it's everywhere. My assumption was that Idea will give it's superior network to Vodafone's legacy network. But it was the reverse. They destroyed Idea's network and retained Vodafone network. Worst company!!! I feel Idea would have survived if they didn't merge actually.

Well, I think we all have realised that the "quality" of a network largely depends on when and how you spend your time during the day (Eg: Home, Library, School/Work, Park, Garden, Beach, back home). To each, this might differ from the place where you stay. Around 10 years back, each "area/town/city" had one network which was strong, while the rest were weak. Hence, majority of the people in that area would be using that strong network itself.

With the merger and network consolidation, it becomes more complicated. Also, telcos sometimes add new towers and shut down existing ones as well. Hence, the situation might change over time. We can no longer generalize that network A is 'overall' better than network B.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock