General Chat Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Siva
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,984
  • Views Views: Views 166,265
For me it's 2020. It was the worst year in my life.
Nothing can top that manush year. Lost my grandmother, aunt and uncle within months. We haven't had any dead in both our paternal and maternal family for last 16 years. These were my own. Also lost so many non relatives like neighbours, friends' parents, neighborhood pets. I was just mentally exhausted by the beginning of 2021. Than second wave started. Again started losing neighbours. I am hoping for 2022 to redeem last two years of sadness.

What a coincidence my scooter meter reading....
UNitrUc.jpg

I have a query. What's the logic behind the rule that "You can't share other's social media id here.".
Can you clarify by 'other's social media ID' you mean other forum members social media handle, your own handle or any random ID in general

Can you clarify by 'other's social media ID' you mean other forum members social media handle, your own handle or any random ID in general
Source

Random id in general. Like here. Some one asked one question to Star and they replied. Now i have seen many people censoring id of that random person. Sometimes they censor their own id also. They take ss. Edit it and post it here. I didn't find any logic behind that censoring.

Random id in general. Like here. Some one asked one question to Star and they replied. Now i have seen many people censoring id of that random person. Sometimes they censor their own id also. They take ss. Edit it and post it here. I didn't find any logic behind that censoring.
As far as i know it's purely to avoid misusing personal details same like sharing mobile number , email-id etc...are prohibited here coz internet is a devil's world nobody will know who is watching data , the data you shared to whom so I think it's needed guideline for us as well as forum reputation

Last edited:
Random IDs/handles are usually allowed unless the handle falls under some exceptional situations such as the member is deliberately trying to promote a handle here.

Sharing own or other forum members social IDs/handle on our forums is disallowed 🚫 as a part of our forum guidelines. That is the reason members erase the handle and post it as screenshots.

Someone is following that rule it doesn't mean we also need to follow it.
Just to clarify. These guidelines are totally based on our own forum moderation situations and not derived from Reddit/Quora etc. We haven't even checked or were aware that those other platforms also have such rules in place. But I feel those platforms might have faced similar situations as us to enforce such guidelines.

But you can always find that original account like in 2 minutes in twitter. Isn't it futile if you think?
I don't think so. Members may still find these handles by doing the manual search as you said, I agree but still they aren't allowed to be shared on our forums as a part of our forum guidelines. Due to our censorship, at least they can't visit members social handle with a single click through the forum posts.

I personally don't find any logic behind it.
What's the logic here?!
I didn't find any logic behind that censoring.
The logic behind this is to stop members from discovering each other via other platforms. But I understand something we find very logical may not necessarily sound logical to you considering your different requirements.

Speaking more on this. We have received some serious and unfortunate incidents in the past, where members abused each other on other platforms due to forum issues.

Giving you an example of why we imposed such a rule:
Suppose there is a member X who dislikes posting patterns/behavior of another member Y. And, he has managed to discover the social media account of member Y. Later X abuses Y via the other social medium but since both of them know each other through our forums, at the end member Y complaints the forum administration and sometimes even blame us for the mishappenings.

Since the platform is different we couldn't offer the member any support. But think if the same would happen inside this forum, we would straight warn or ban the other member and stop it.

To prevent such abuse we have tried to put some regulations in place that is serving our communities in a very well manner.

I find it very futile and waste of time to censor those ids. If i have to share anything, then i need to take ss. Then download some photo edit app. Then edit. Then post. That's a lot of hassle and time consuming. It will discourage me to post any such general information. Like official news from verified ids.
Most of the Android (and iOS) smartphones these days comes with built-in image editor that can erase or blur parts in the picture. That trims down some of the steps you have mentioned. Still, if you find it discouraging or very difficult to impossible please feel free not to share those types of content. Some other member who is comfortable with such minor editings will share the same.

Honestly speaking, I think I get why you are trying to portray the censorship as an "issue". It is not about information sharing difficulties. If things were that difficult, other members would also have brought this to our attention much before considering how long this rule has been in the place. In fact, you have hardly faced any such difficulties in the past I can say by going through your posts because you have never posted erased/edited handle screenshots.

I guess what made you complain about this is probably that the issue you personally faced when you wanted another member's contact through our platform. Just to remind you, a month back you had asked another member's WhatsApp/Telegram number. We stopped you from doing that. And, not-so-coincidentally, that member has only liked your initial post.

I don't usually care to provide such long explanations on our rules considering how straightforward and simple they are already to understand but I did this time to help you clear some misconceptions about the censorship. I hope this helps.

I guess what made you complain about this is probably that the issue you personally faced when you wanted another member's contact through our platform. Just to remind you, a month back you had asked another member's WhatsApp/Telegram number. We stopped you from doing that. And, not-so-coincidentally, that member has only liked your initial post.
I have a query. What's the logic behind the rule that "You can't share other's social media id here.". I mean i get it if i share something for harassment. But like in case of general information, then where is the problem? Ex- Person A asked Disney Hotstar about something. Hotstar replied. I posted that Tweet's link here. Now here i have seen some member censoring the id of the person who asked it. I personally don't find any logic behind it. You can always search disney's reply section and find that account. It takes less than 2 minutes. Or even sharing your own id. What's the logic behind this rule? 😅 (Not asking about rule like you can't ask for others SM account.) Will be great if any mod can clarify. 🙏
If you will read that "initial message" of mine, i was very specific about the issue. I have clearly mentioned that "i am not asking for others SM account" which is in brackets. This exact query has nothing to do with that warning i received. /
I asked it because i have seen many time Somnath bhai posting pics of BR Football handle and censoring the name. Also sometimes reply of star sports handle and censoring his own name. Another person also did the same few days ago. Posting the direct link helps me redirect directly to the page. It saves time. About inbuilt edit app, it is not present in stock android. Not in my Nokia atleast. So i have to download it. These are the reason i asked. Anyway thanks for clarification. Much Appreciated. 🙏

Back
Top Bottom