5G Spectrum Auction 2022 - General Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Airtel and Vi are downplaying Jio's 700 MHz upper hand, saying that it doesn't add any meaningful edge over the capacity bands they bought in the auction.
Vi especially when they come up with terms like platinum and titanium 4G using their 900 MHz band with so called superior indoor coverage, don't see the same advantage with 700 MHz coz they couldn't afford to bid for it.
Classic case of 'The grapes are sour' 😅

Both Airtel and Vi are downplaying Jio's 700 MHz upper hand, saying that it doesn't add any meaningful edge over the capacity bands they bought in the auction.
Vi especially when they come up with terms like platinum and titanium 4G using their 900 MHz band with so called superior indoor coverage, don't see the same advantage with 700 MHz coz they couldn't afford to bid for it.
Classic case of 'The grapes are sour' 😅
why don't you factor in equipment and ecosystem when comparison 4g@900 vs 5g@700.

secondly voice is Volte in both 4g and 5g nsa. so building 5g@700 with voNR doesn't mean any revenue potential for atlast 4 years.

My opinion is jio will use 5g@700 with own inhouse developed 5g core on SA MODE in next 2 years focusing enterprise and business user with negligible % of retail/consumer .
you can think as jio phone targeted for lower -income 2g handset user with lowest entry barriers cost.

in similar fashion 5g SA network for business user,
then only it makes sense to put 40000cr+( 7.2% + roll out cost)

Last edited:
Do they allocate before the payment? Cuz now they payment is on 17th August
Last date for payment is 17th, some operators may have already paid the amount and they will get the allotment earlier.

off topic but , just like 4G/4G LTE was launched many 4G/4GLET hotspots were launched . Can we expect same this time too ???

off topic but , just like 4G/4G LTE was launched many 4G/4GLET hotspots were launched . Can we expect same this time too ???
You mean the the network locked, portable WiFi hotspots right? Those will surely be launched for 5G by all operators.

You mean the the network locked, portable WiFi hotspots right? Those will surely be launched for 5G by all operators.

not network locked , some come sim/network independents too because i thinking of buying one and i am in doubt should i wait for 5G it to be launched or buy now available one which supports current 4G

not network locked , some come sim/network independents too because i thinking of buying one and i am in doubt should i wait for 5G it to be launched or buy now available one which supports current 4G
Do not buy 4G ones now.

Yes you get unlocked ones as well though those are significantly costlier than the locked ones, since with operator branded ones are subsidised by the operators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock