Food Talks - A thread dedicated to all Foodies out there

• Thread starter Thread starter ramesh skyPLAY
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4,559
  • Views Views: Views 419,934
Usually idly is round in shape ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€. But your one is square in shape. I think you made special for show us๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
No bro, it's called Thatte Idli in Karnataka. It's made in plates. Thatte means plate. You can use even steel glasses to make idlis. They're just varying in shape. Taste wise exactly same. There are many other variations called Kotte, Moode in coastal Karnataka. This region is a bliss for foodies ๐Ÿ˜€

No bro, it's called Thatte Idli in Karnataka. It's made in plates. Thatte means plate. You can use even steel glasses to make idlis. They're just varying in shape. Taste wise exactly same. There are many other variations called Kotte, Moode in coastal Karnataka. This region is a bliss for foodies ๐Ÿ˜€

We make Kotto, Moodo. next time when we make i will post. Its hard to find the Kotto leaf, and Muddo forget it, have to ask someone to send from Karnataka.

We make Kotto, Moodo. next time when we make i will post. Its hard to find the Kotto leaf, and Muddo forget it, have to ask someone to send from Karnataka.
Those leaves also give a very distinct taste. The GSB's of coastal Karnataka and Goa are truly masters of creating variations of dishes. Udupi Brahmins are now jealous of us and defend their cuisine but we made their things better than they do themselves ๐Ÿ˜‚ Just search Taj Mangalore which is owned by GSB's. It's the most popular breakfast restaurant in this region. For that matter we have excelled in non veg cuisine as well. I'm not turning this into a caste fight but letting you know the reality. So please don't get offended.

Those leaves also give a very distinct taste. The GSB's of coastal Karnataka and Goa are truly masters of creating variations of dishes. Udupi Brahmins are now jealous of us and defend their cuisine but we made their things better than they do themselves ๐Ÿ˜‚ Just search Taj Mangalore which is owned by GSB's. It's the most popular breakfast restaurant in this region. For that matter we have excelled in non veg cuisine as well. I'm not turning this into a caste fight but letting you know the reality. So please don't get offended.

I have been to Taj restaurant in Mangalore several times. The Dosas there are very good.

We living in Konkan have infused the Fusion of Maharashtra and Karnataka Food into our cuisines. Like we can prepare all 3 types, Coastal karnataka, Goan and Coastal Maharashtra, all have similarities.

Breakfast, puri with ๐Ÿฅ” masala ๐Ÿ‘ finished this a cup of black tea.

EgMYNQa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom