Food Talks - A thread dedicated to all Foodies out there

I believe it is made from vermicelli and milk. Yes, payas and payasam are the same food. Just names are different according to locations.
There are various variation of this dish too. My mom makes the one with boondi and my grandma makes the plain version. Today had the normal one made by grandmother.

Happy Vijaydashmi to you too. What is payasam made of? Is it the same as Bengali dish payas?

There are many types of Payasam prepared in South India. The one in picture is made using Milk, sugar and vermicelli.

It's basically a dessert made using Milk where the other ingredients are cooked in milk and either sugar or jaggery added for sweetness.

You can add vermicelli, or sago, or poha or moongdal to prepare the respective payasam.

There are many types of Payasam prepared in South India. The one in picture is made using Milk, sugar and vermicelli.

It's basically a dessert made using Milk where the other ingredients are cooked in milk and either sugar or jaggery added for sweetness.

You can add vermicelli, or sago, or poha or moongdal to prepare the respective payasam.
Post giving me the feel of watched payasam recipe made program on TV .. I'm sure I'm not alone to feel that

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock