Disney+ Hotstar new plans effective from September 1

Read the tweet carefully. It says till current membership expires, you can enjoy the benefits of current VIP plan.
They have tweeted that best of both plans i.e. VIP and Premium content can watch on mobile from 1st Sept.for existing VIP subs.

No, it doesn't. Currently VIP offers bollywood, sports and daily soap with only one screen limit. TV and Web is out of the question.
The tweet probably implies that VIP users will be able to watch all content including English on 1 screen at a time, including both mobile and TV. If that's the case then before 1st September is the best time to get VIP subscription if you only watch on one screen at a time

Premier League or any sport is no longer free on Jio. A VIP subscription is required. Are you streaming via Star Sports Select channel?
Yes. They are still free in Jio. But i don't want to watch in Smart phone. So if they will give me an option to upgrade, then i will upgrade.

Why is Mobile plan 300 more than Netflix mobile plan? I don't think Disney+ content is worth that much.

The tweet probably implies that VIP users will be able to watch all content including English on 1 screen at a time, including both mobile and TV. If that's the case then before 1st September is the best time to get VIP subscription if you only watch on one screen at a time
I think best of both plans means content offering. Not screens. Hopefully, they offer upgrade option for existing VIP users.
Why is Mobile plan 300 more than Netflix mobile plan? I don't think Disney+ content is worth that much.
Disney+ is charging that annually. Not monthly unlike Netflix's plan.

Any source brother?
j9L2uAX.jpg

So, from 1st of sept
1. VIP user will get access to premium content too.
2. But only on Mobile. Not on web or TV.
3. Multiple mobile device can be used .
4. Instead of 399, user have to pay 899 for watching content on TV /Web.
5. Pay 1499 to watch 4k content

Last edited:
Another confusion is regarding "multiple devices". It could mean multiple types of devices like mobile, TV, PC etc.

They should and hope will allow VIP users to watch in mobile according to new plan and 1 TV according to existing VIP assurance ....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock