Discussion Disney+ Hotstar App & Website - News & Updates

In the Disney+ Hotstar app, the list of all the available resolutions for any video feed (live or non live feed) could be identified by looking at the "Video Tracks" field in the "Stats For Nerds" page. It lists the lowest to highest (left to right) resolutions available for that particular video.

Here is a cropped screenshot of the earlier image shared by @Optimus_Prime. It shows that the lowest resolution available for that video is 640x360 and that the highest resolution available for that video is 1920x1080.

If this video had 4K as an available resolution, 3840x2160 would have been listed in the Video Tracks field at the rightmost end.

tx4wbXp.jpg
The first number is the bit rate given in bits per second. For the FHD track, it is only 3.3 Mbps which is a really low bit rate.

As i had explained in detail earlier on in my various posts, Disney+Hotstar taking a new approach and in process to reinvent /evolve to build upon a new business model thereby focusing on catering to wider audience across Indian by having more content from across genres than just sports being major attraction to increase subscriber base...also freemium revenue model will be the key part of it

As i had explained in detail earlier on in my various posts, Disney+Hotstar taking a new approach and in process to reinvent /evolve to build upon a new business model thereby focusing on catering to wider audience across Indian by having more content from across genres than just sports being major attraction to increase subscriber base...also freemium revenue model will be the key part of it

Freemium never get success for long term, Mx Player biggest platform in that category and losses huge money every year. still they're looking for fund to short term success like jio cinema and hotstar too fall again if they continue same strategy.

Ind vs Nz match viewership crosses 4.3 cr yesterday night, but they are fail to attract huge ads, even for India played matches. So they will incur huge losses in freemium mode. Disney is not like RIL to fund D+HS from Telecom Profits/Revenues for content costs.

Ind vs Nz match viewership crosses 4.3 cr yesterday night, but they are fail to attract huge ads, even for India played matches. So they will incur huge losses in freemium mode. Disney is not like RIL to fund D+HS from Telecom Profits/Revenues for content costs.

This is why i always request u and other members to read carefully what i mention in my posts rather than repeatedly asking same questions or drawing out wrong conclusions
Anyways the ads related question of urs has been answered yesterday itself in below thread /post, please have a read

Also Disney too has big range of very successful channel portfolio and content syndication business so it can help cover up for losses incurred in OTT or Sports Businesses....infact same has been going on since last many years....previously when in 2017 Star India bought World Rights of IPL they even earned money by selling the same to various international broadcasters / platforms ....also they produce ICC, BCCI match feed which again earns them revenue

Last edited by a moderator:
Freemium never get success for long term, Mx Player biggest platform in that category and losses huge money every year. still they're looking for fund to short term success like jio cinema and hotstar too fall again if they continue same strategy.

No comparison between MXPlayer and OTT platforms like Disney+Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix or even Jio Cinema as latter have much wide variety of popular content in its catalogue which appeals to wide section of audience hence by adopting a Freemium model these OTT platforms can earn great revenue via ads + subscription fee from both mass and niche audience....a balanced strategy of how to optimise revenue generation is the key...... As per my observation MX Player does not have the same range/kind of content to be able to reach at revenue which other popular OTT platforms can even though following same Freemium Approach

The amount of ads Hotstar airs of it's own Hotstar shows during cricket is just absurd. We can have a pleasant experience with just commerical that actually makes money.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock