Dell Streak :Review

Napster

Reaction score
Expert Review

When the iPhone came out, a 3.5-inch screen seemed large enough to read stuff clearly, without making the phone awkwardly big and un-pocketable. Then the army of Android phones arrived with specifications that tried to outmatch not only the iPhone, but other phones from their own clan too.

Following the aforesaid mantra, screen sizes on touch-phones increased to 3.7 inches, 4 inches and even 4.3 inches (Note that I am not following chronology here). Then came tablets like the iPad with a Netbook-like 10-inch screen size, only to be followed by a slew of Android based tabs with a screen size of 7 inches.

That's when people at Dell must've thought -- hmm, nobody has really capitalized on the 5-inch space uptil now. So, they decided to release the Dell Streak - an Android-powered 'device' with a 5-inch touchscreen. I use the word 'device' simply because Dell themselves haven't really figured out what to call it (check their website.
The Dell Streak tries to streamline the use-cases of a smartphone and tablet into one device. So, does it really accomplish in bringing together the best of both worlds? Let's find out.

techtree.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock