Discussion Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

• Thread starter Thread starter Rajat Basak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 3,879
  • Views Views: Views 408,409
People are getting mentally disbalanced as their food is running out. The help they are getting isn't enough. They need to earn. When lockdown ends bills will get clogged up. They will require to pay rent.

Today many tea garden workers protested in my state. They are the poorest people in the whole country. Known to die from starvation.

Government can declare a year long lockdown all they want. As long as everybody gets taken care of.
People's here taking this Lock down as extended summer vacation . Daily wagers are dying I know that very well but I don't want to see those peoples who are enjoying by cracking pataka , by gossiping on road here and there .

People are getting mentally disbalanced as their food is running out. The help they are getting isn't enough. They need to earn. When lockdown ends bills will get clogged up. They will require to pay rent.

I guess food is essential services and it will be available at shops. In my state for the first 4-5 days everyone was tensed about whether they will get supplies and stock. But now every thing is fallen in place and it's going well.

And regarding bills, I guess Govt will come out with a solution. People can pay from their banks, digital payment, etc. Bills won't get clogged up. People have their earnings in their banks and I am sure they can pay it.

Student with no symptoms of COVID-19 tests positive after 19 days in Pathanamthitta

The 19-year-old had boarded a train— the Mangala Lakshadweep Express— the Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station in Delhi on March 15, arriving at the Ernakulam Junction station on the morning of March 17.

The student reached Chengannur in Alappuzha in a general compartment after boarding a local train from the Ernakulam North station. The patient’s route map, released by district authorities, shows that from Chengannur, she had taken a Kerala RTC bus to her hometown of Pandalam on March 17.

For the next 19 days, the young student showed no symptoms of the virus as she spent her days in home quarantine.

However, with the Kerala government testing all those who had arrived from COVID-19 ‘hotspots’, which included Delhi, the student was identified as a carrier on April 5.

I guess food is essential services and it will be available at shops. In my state for the first 4-5 days everyone was tensed about whether they will get supplies and stock. But now every thing is fallen in place and it's going well.

And regarding bills, I guess Govt will come out with a solution. People can pay from their banks, digital payment, etc. Bills won't get clogged up. People have their earnings in their banks and I am sure they can pay it.
We are forced to pay extra. Shops are open. Industries are closed. Retailers lacks basic stocks.

Meanwhile I am speaking for poor daily wage workers. Unorganised sector isn't getting paid at all until the work starts. If food is there. How will they afford it?

We are forced to pay extra. Shops are open. Industries are closed. Retailers lacks basic stocks.

Meanwhile I am speaking for poor daily wage workers. Unorganised sector isn't getting paid at all until the work starts. If food is there. How will they afford it?

Bro. Food ans essential services industry is open. So I don't know what u mean by its closed. Retailers will get supplies from industries.

Centre has asked the states to look after the food requirements of the migrant labourers who as you said work in the unorganised sector.

Many NGO, trusts and private organisations who are coming out and serving to these people who have no food.

So I suggest we don't panic unnecessarily, as everything is well planned. Right now everyone should forget politics and their affiliations, and unite and work towards one mission that is to get rid of the disease.

I am sure all states will work collectively with the centre.

Karnataka CM today said that Bakeries will be allowed to open their shops in Bengaluru City with the condition that only take away is permitted and nobody is allowed to eat in the premises.
This is good news for migrated workers who can utilise the facility.

Last edited:
We all have to decide on this :

1. Lockdown must be extended to save our people's lives as we have only 1 option to defeat the disease that is lockdown. But we all citizens should be ready to adjust with the economy impact in future and be united not blaming GOVT on economy.

2. Remove lockdown so that economy doesn't get impacted, but this will mean compromising in people's health, as removing lockdown will mean chances of increased cases.

Back
Top Bottom