Discussion Cherrinet ISP - Reviews & Discussions

ACT fiber will match these plans eventually but Airtel won't, will never, ever offer a pack with no FUP. I still cannot believe how they are still in business with such paltry speeds and poor FUP limit. I think people are simply lazy to switch and they must think like, why fix it if it ain't broke, right? :p:ROFLMAO:
Not sure if Airtel broadband will match that but with Airtel mobile we never thought they would give unlimited calls and daily 1GB for 84 days at Rs.399( plan is different for different users). But Jio made this happen, let's hope Jio Fiber does same to Airtel Broadband.

The only advantage I see for Airtel broadband over ACT Fiber is the response time in case of line failure, ACT people are lazy. And also unlimited calling plan with landline.

The same exact plan is available in my place. May I know where do you live in Chennai. Please post about consistency of the network and customer service. Is this a true fiber network. Does cherrinet provide service through local cable operator.

I am still on Airtel because of its service and thier cable are underground in my place.

Hi Carthik, I live in Kilpauk. Their customer care is by far the best I have seen in any ISP. You instantly get connected to a live person when calling and if you were to create any service request it will be resolved in minutes. I have not dealt with cable cuts but they are claiming that they use concealed cables and it can withstand heavy rains. I'm more inclined to believe them since my friend is using it for over six months and did not have any issue so far.

Cherrinet installs and maintains connection directly, there is no cable operator involved. Fiber cable is brought all way to your home unlike ACT, so yes its true fiber network. I recommend them if they are available in your area.

Hi Carthik, I live in Kilpauk. Their customer care is by far the best I have seen in any ISP. You instantly get connected to a live person when calling and if you were to create any service request it will be resolved in minutes. I have not dealt with cable cuts but they are claiming that they use concealed cables and it can withstand heavy rains. I'm more inclined to believe them since my friend is using it for over six months and did not have any issue so far.

Cherrinet installs and maintains connection directly, there is no cable operator involved. Fiber cable is brought all way to your home unlike ACT, so yes its true fiber network. I recommend them if they are available in your area.
good to here it, btw cherrinet is given by SUN network. i could see boards all over chennai every gate of the house, but i could not get to see any user using it( atleast in my area) . as far i know most of chennai is with ACT fibernet if they are looking for fiber broadband. Indeed i wanted to go for cherrinet intially but when i took the connection they asked me to give a refundable deposit of Rs1500 for the fiber modem and installation cost of Rs700 which i did not feel its worth, wereas ACT does not take any deposit, just take only installation cost of Rs500. One more info no fiber broadband is offered is concealed in chennai all are hanging on trees and building. only airtel and bsnl are giving wired broadband which is layed underground. the following are the list of broadband services offered in my area ( annanagar)
ACT
YOU broadband
TIC fiber
Cherrinet
Airtel v fiber
BSNL
Reliance
Tikona

of all this i prefer ACT as they have good plans and good service.

Last edited:
Hi @Satvijay bro, i paid 500 rupees as installation charge. The security deposit is 1000 rupees now and it is actually for the ONU they place it in home which is refundable as they claim. Customer care is top notch as i mentioned in my previous post. The cable part is true and they don't seem to have many options.

They have recently made many changes and i don't see how ACT plan with a FUP is better than cherrinet 100 Mbps, no FUP unlimited for 999 per month. I am a former ACT user, my experience so far with cherrinet is superior in every way than what i got from ACT.

@gap10_brabagaran: I called CC last Saturday and they said new plans will reflect on 16th. Still no update yet on Selfcare.. Thanks bro for the update..

New website: Cherrinet Broadband Chennai | Fiber Broadband Chennai | Call 9094496922
hmmm... alright bro, it will be done this week.

Hi @Satvijay bro, i paid 500 rupees as installation charge. The security deposit is 1000 rupees now and it is actually for the ONU they place it in home which is refundable as they claim. Customer care is top notch as i mentioned in my previous post. The cable part is true and they don't seem to have many options.

They have recently made many changes and i don't see how ACT plan with a FUP is better than cherrinet 100 Mbps, no FUP unlimited for 999 per month. I am a former ACT user, my experience so far with cherrinet is superior in every way than what i got from ACT.

hmmm... alright bro, it will be done this week.
May be they revised it, i doubt on the cable part as other than airtel and BSNL no vendor is given permit for road cut. if they are concealed it should be underground.. i dont think it is the case. ACT does not give any plan which is truely unlimited all plans are with FUP, with my current plan iam givien 260 GB per month, for 1099 rental which i think its more than enough for me. I hardly touch 100gb. though i connect two smart tv, 4 smart phones and 1 tab to it. cherritnet may be they are catching up.. goood to hear their service.

Taken new connection for (Rs1299+18%)+Rs590 installation+Rs1000 refundable modem deposit for 150mbps unlimited for one month. Installation promised by Tuesday. But will have Airtel as my backup connection.
a12e90ff4dd40348e7fc6468990894c8.jpg
5e71192b991a7237b8c07620237ad865.jpg

Last edited:
Hope this ISP also starts operating in Mumbai :cry:

I will grab it with both hands :em:sp:grin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock