CCTV Cameras Queries

DTH Fan

Reaction score
Guys

I'm planning to install CCTV cameras in my home and I have following queries in my mind:

1. Which brand is best in this field?

2. Should I go for wired cameras or wireless cameras? I like wireless concept.

3. If I go with wireless camera setup, will it require router and wi-fi? I don't have Wi-Fi connection and router in my home. So I'll prefer to buy wireless camera setup which doesn't require Wi-Fi and router. Is it possible?

I'll highly appreciate all replies and suggestions.

Thank you.

1. Hikvision. Ofcourse you will be presented with lots of brands with different price range when you contact the dealer. Pick the one which suits your need with right features. Brand is just a name.

2. I will choose wired setup with eyes closed. Only disadvantage of wired setup is it's installation. You need lot of drilling and fixing stuff. But it's very good for long term usage. If it's a own building always choose wired.

Don't go fancy over the word "wireless". Remember that even a wireless setup requires a wired power supply (Yes, you have battery powered cameras but it has it's own cons). You don't really go wireless. One biggest disadvantage of wireless setup is the interference with other wireless signals. These days there's lot of wireless signals all around you. Because of these interference the recording might be affected. Another drawback is the range (read distance) of the setup. You can't really keep a camera far away from the recorder. The signal quality becomes poor. Also don't forget that any wireless signals are vulnerable to hacks. Instead of you spying on others, there's a chance others spying on you.

3. Ofcourse you need a wifi setup at home for a simple and cheap option. However there are few high end Wifi NVRs (normal setup use DVRs) which will create it's own wifi network and communicate with cameras. But such setup aren't of much use imo except being a fancy showpiece. Because if you don't connect to internet then there's no point using wifi setup.

Go with Hikvision, Prama Hikvision India is the backbone for hikvision India, their products and support are great. They respond fast, to emails. Go with weird setup, it's more stable and recommended over wireless.

Guys

I'm planning to install CCTV cameras in my home and I have following queries in my mind:

1. Which brand is best in this field?

2. Should I go for wired cameras or wireless cameras? I like wireless concept.

3. If I go with wireless camera setup, will it require router and wi-fi? I don't have Wi-Fi connection and router in my home. So I'll prefer to buy wireless camera setup which doesn't require Wi-Fi and router. Is it possible?

I'll highly appreciate all replies and suggestions.

Thank you.
Cp plus as it it trusted brand in electronic security system

1. Hikvision. Ofcourse you will be presented with lots of brands with different price range when you contact the dealer. Pick the one which suits your need with right features. Brand is just a name.

2. I will choose wired setup with eyes closed. Only disadvantage of wired setup is it's installation. You need lot of drilling and fixing stuff. But it's very good for long term usage. If it's a own building always choose wired.

Don't go fancy over the word "wireless". Remember that even a wireless setup requires a wired power supply (Yes, you have battery powered cameras but it has it's own cons). You don't really go wireless. One biggest disadvantage of wireless setup is the interference with other wireless signals. These days there's lot of wireless signals all around you. Because of these interference the recording might be affected. Another drawback is the range (read distance) of the setup. You can't really keep a camera far away from the recorder. The signal quality becomes poor. Also don't forget that any wireless signals are vulnerable to hacks. Instead of you spying on others, there's a chance others spying on you.

3. Ofcourse you need a wifi setup at home for a simple and cheap option. However there are few high end Wifi NVRs (normal setup use DVRs) which will create it's own wifi network and communicate with cameras. But such setup aren't of much use imo except being a fancy showpiece. Because if you don't connect to internet then there's no point using wifi setup.
Wired/Wireless Both can get hacked if owner does not give proper security to his networkbut it is much harder to do so compared to a internet based system. Because wired cameras are connected physically by wires, then hackers would have to destroy wires. Meanwhile, if the cameras are connected through some sort of signal, than hackers can just drop in on connection and do whatever they would like to the cameras.

Hikvision is the best as it is an oem too for many other brands. They manufacture their own products till chip level. Other brand like CP plus is good too, they use oem products made by dahua. The pricing is almost similar but in the end it solely depends on the after sale service the brand provides at your place.

Thanks for replies guys. Everyone seems to recommend Hikvision and wired camera setup. So I'll go for it. Can you guys recommend some specific model as well?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock