Campa Cola makes a comeback

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 4,090
They need to honestly price soft drinks. One new entrant from South America. Yes, South America disrupted Coca Cola and Pepsi's market in my region from 2016 onwards. Big Cola a caffeine free Cola that costed only ₹15 (now ₹20) as compared to ₹35 became really popular. They even have ₹10 single serve bottles now. This is not some local low quality cola. Jio themselves had a Yeah! Cola. Ut tastes really bad. It is quality product. For Campa to succeed. They need to honestly price. Just look at other nostalgia products from Parle. They are very affordable costing from ₹1 - ₹20.
3L Bottle of Big Cola costs Rs 90 as per Jio Mart.How much it is in market?

3L Bottle of Big Cola costs Rs 90 as per Jio Mart.How much it is in market?
It's been years since I have seen a 3L bottle at the market. So can't recall the pricing.

It's been years since I have seen a 3L bottle at the market. So can't recall the pricing.
Big cola 3L bottles was once available in Reliance Mart near my home priced at Rs.60 but since 3years it is not available anywhere in city don't why

Campa Cola was a well known brand in 90's and atleast the people in my generation are aware of it.There is also nostalgia associated with it just ask the people in mid 30's.Also,Campa Cola has a fizzy cola drink to compete with Coke,Pepsi and Thumsup.
The sale of softdrinks may have declined in India which is in part to increased health awareness plus rural slowdown.However,the Rural India is hardly touched by the new FMCG products.Moreover,unlike Pepsi Campa Cola would start with Zero base.

Bhai I am myself in 30`s and kid belonging to 90ies believe me i never had camp cola in Mumbai region in my childhood. Most of campa was sold in Delhi only i think. do not whether reliance would be able to sell campa solely on nostalgia strategy... I think cold drinks need to have taste before it becomes popular

JIO went with camap cola because campa must still have IP right with it .So instead on investing in R&D for something new they went with old ..

Also wondering will it sold only jio shops/malls or it would be avalible in open shops too

Container designs :love:

FqxhC9qXoAAvYgJ

1>Should have changed name first .. Something better.From which angle word 'Campa' looks good .... It looks like some name of some local company/brand.

2>Nothing in competition to ThumsUp ???

3>There is in General decline in sales of cold drink world wide and in Indian too. This has been acknowledge by Pepsi too ..So what was point in launching cold drink. Is this because there are only 2 brands in market. So less competition ??? they should had went with fruit based drink ...
if they are to change the name, why buy an existing brand and brand name at a huge sum ! they could simply launch a new drink.
Reliance is trying to cash in from the brand name and brand value.

Good to see an Indian brand comeback. Now Campa Cola has to find its place in AP market competing foreign brands Coca-Cola & Pepsi along with Andhra's own brand Artos (Pre-Independence era brand).

Campa existed in 2019?

See bottom shelf in this photo taken at a Reliance Fresh store:

A0nkQyR.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock