BSNL 4G - News & Discussions

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 305
  • Views Views: Views 77,409
So turns out that 700 and 2100 MHz spectrum which they didn't put up for auction was just reserved to BSNL but isn't allotted to them Pan India. Instead they gave BSNL 10 MHz in 700 MHz band only in 5 circles and the additional 5 Mhz block in 2100 MHz band also in just 5 circles not Pan India. It's unclear whether DoT will put up that unallocated spectrum for sale in the next auction or whether it will continue to keep it reserved for BSNL use in the future.
As for the 1800 MHz it's just 2 MHz allocated in 3 circles. I'm attaching the details of newly allocated spectrum for your reference.
UsYzSD1.jpg
In continuation to this, DoT has allotted BSNL more spectrum for 4G and 5G operations in 2100 MHz (in 4 circles) and 700 MHz (in 6 circles) bands in May this year, before the auction. The details of the allotment are as follows.

The same has been updated in my spectrum holding chart.

In continuation to this, DoT has allotted BSNL more spectrum for 4G and 5G operations in 2100 MHz (in 4 circles) and 700 MHz (in 6 circles) bands in May this year, before the auction. The details of the allotment are as follows.

The same has been updated in my spectrum holding chart.
What about Karnataka?

What about Karnataka?
Spectrum is being allocated in a phased manner, Karnataka will also get it but you will have to wait for a few more months.

BSNL completes 12000 4g network towers..

Till April, it was only 3000.
July first week it reached 9000 and now 12000 towers.
One small doubt. Are any of those new 9000 towers switched ON yet ? Or are they waiting for inaugural function on Aug 15 ?

Because there is not much news or ads about the same or even new users sharing their latest BSNL 4G speeds in social media. Reason being, after the people who all are fed up with Jio / Airtel / VoId's tariff hikes are eagerly waiting for BSNL 4G to jump ship. But Airtel has their PR Team jumping from earth to moon for launch of Single 5G Tower in a Single City. BSNL should learn Marketing from Airtel.

Anyways, real Competition is good for us, the end consumers.

Back
Top Bottom