Bought JioFi 3 device exchanging MTS dongle

In my area JIO mobile signal is good but the technician who came to check whether JIO MIFI device technical feasibility said Signal is not good for Jio MIFI instead use mobile.

Is there any difference Between MIFI & Mobile Signals is it not advisable for me to go for JIO device or can I take a risk??

Then is JIO device unlocked to use other 4G Networks??

karan_hdl said:
In my area JIO mobile signal is good but the technician who came to check whether JIO MIFI device technical feasibility said Signal is not good for Jio MIFI instead use mobile.

Is there any difference Between MIFI & Mobile Signals is it not advisable for me to go for JIO device or can I take a risk??

Jio is locked to use in other network. However as per discussions on net, once offers period over firmware will be made by developers which can unlock the dongle and you can use other 4G networks in it. It will void your JioFi warranty though.

Last edited:
Bapun Raz said:
Jio is locked to use in other network. However as per discussions on net, once offers period over firmware will be made by developers which can unlock the dongle and you can use other 4G networks in it. It will void your JioFi warranty though.

Will JIO Device won't work in areas where even though Mobile Signal is good??

Last edited by a moderator:
karan_hdl said:
Will JIO Device won't work in areas where even though Mobile Signal is good??

People say JioFi gives better speeds than mobile Jio signals. But i have not experienced this since my area is no more good in Jio coverage. So need someone else to answer this.

Last edited:
karan_hdl said:

looks like he fooled you. there is no difference of network for mobile & mifi device. you will get the same coverage and speed depending on band selected by device.

jio device is locked & they won't unlock it. if any 3rd party gets the original firmware, then they can tweak it, but jio has selected such a manufacturer who dont even have their own website, so forget about using it for other networks.

What speeds do you get on mobile? if it's okay then take the risk and go for jiofi if you are going to use jio in future.

For me Jiofi is gives better speed than Mobile. Good Advantage of Jiofi is that you can place it at that place where you are green/blue signals and enjoy. Like I used to place it on top of the refrigerator or nearby a bulb. But you can't place your mobile on such places for good coverage

I suggest download netvelocity app from Jio and check what frequency band you are getting on your mobile. If it is 2300 then I think even JioFi will work better there though this is not a guarantee as for me during day time the speed is around 40 KBps whereas during night it goes over 800KBps if connected to band40. Otherwise the speed is very low throughout.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock