• Welcome to OnlyTech community forums. If you are an existing member of our DreamDTH forums, please use the same login credentials to login here. Create a new account only if you are not registered at DreamDTH before. If you have trouble logging in, please let us know through the contact form.

Good News Bought A Google Pixel 3a - Pics and Brief Review

Siva

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I always wanted to buy a Google device, right from the Nexus days. Somehow I couldn't and after Google discontinued the Nexus line and launched Pixel, I didn't buy as I thought they were overpriced. With the launch of Pixel 3a at reduced price tag, I thought this is a good opportunity to try the Google device.

I got a very good deal in the recent Flipkart Sale, and bought it. I have exchanged Nokia 6.1 Plus and got an additional 3k on the regular 3.9k. Also got another 10 percent discount with HDFC card. Final price was 29879 INR.

Initial impressions are very good. It's very smooth and touch response is excellent, just like an iPhone. Software optimization is awesome with the tight integration of Assistant, many useful additions like AOD, Double tap to unlock and various gestures. Camera is mind blowing (Better than iPhone X in Low light, see samples below). The form factor is excellent, and easy to handle. I like plastic back, and this phone has got that. The grip is very good and look is also great on the back despite being plastic. Screen quality is very good as well. I'll have to check the battery life, I believe it'll be good, as the drop is just around 10 percent in 3 hours with all the initial setup and Camera usage. Phone didn't heat up even with continuous usage of Camera.

What's in the box:

Google packed everything one needs, including an USB to Type C adapter, in-ear earphones and ear buds in various sizes. Charger in box has Type C to Type C cable and Adapter peaks at 3A making it a fast charger.

Few Pics:

In Box:

Switching On:

Home Screen:

Around 51 GB Storage is Free On Boot:

Back Side:

Camera Sample:

Below two pics are to compare the low light photography capabilities of iPhone X and Pixel 3a. See the difference.

iPhone X:

Pixel 3a:

Overall I'm very impressed with this device by Google, especially in the Camera department. It exceeded my expectations at this price point.

Anyone looking for an excellent Camera phone at this price point or even beyond can give this a try. It will surely impress you.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers!!

sumitroy

Contributing Writer, OnlyTech
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations @Siva Bro :)

Riddhiman

Elite
Reaction score
Congrats Bro.. Phone Really Looking Very Attractive and Good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Bought Google Chromecast Mobiles & Accessories 74
Bapun Raz Pixels bought from Google are rootable, come with unlockable bootloaders Mobiles & Accessories 6
A Good News Bought new BoAt Soundbar TV & Audio/Video devices 23
Esmail Good News Bought Onida Fire TV edition 32 inch LED TV. Initial unboxing and setup pics TV & Audio/Video devices 16
vishalrao Good News Bought Samsung Galaxy M21 Member Reviews & Unboxings 18
Bapun Raz Man tries to track 2 packets of snacks bought online for ₹400, loses Rs 2.25 lakh General Topics 2
Saichaitanya4496 Facebook bought 9.99% stake in Reliance Jio for ₹43,574 crore Telecom Services 10
Deepu Darling Good News Bought Redmi 8a dual Member Reviews & Unboxings 20
Raviteja Good News Bought iPhone 11 Pro Mobiles & Accessories 11
R Bought LG TV LK Series TV & Audio/Video devices 9
Siva Good News Bought A Lenovo K10 Note 4 GB+64 GB - Pics and Brief Review Member Reviews & Unboxings 1
SarfaRaZ Bought Realme's New Smartphone "Realme 5i" Member Reviews & Unboxings 14
SarfaRaZ Bought JBL C100 TWS Bluetooth Headset Member Reviews & Unboxings 13
A Good News Bought Vivo Z1 Pro Member Reviews & Unboxings 15
ramesh sky Good News I bought a Helmet ! Cars & Bikes 9
D Good News Bought A New Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Member Reviews & Unboxings 14
P Good News Bought Oneplus7T Mobile Member Reviews & Unboxings 16
A Breaking I bought FireTV Stick for Rs.1679/- today OTT Services & Gadgets 31
A Seeking Help Bought MI 20000mah Power Bank, Need Help Mobiles & Accessories 14
SarfaRaZ Good News Bought 2 Budget Smartphones Member Reviews & Unboxings 15
B Good News Bought Redmi K20 Pro Member Reviews & Unboxings 14
J Good News Bought a Sony 4K UHD TV (KD-43X7002G) TV & Audio/Video devices 33
D Good News Bought Oppo Reno 2 (20X zoom). Member Reviews & Unboxings 5
D Seeking Help Bought A New Sony 5.1 Home Theatre System BDV-N9200W Buying Guidance 29
Hardeep jhand Bought 2nd hand Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Member Reviews & Unboxings 4
Top Bottom