• Star

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Jio

Votes: 46 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dsport is a baby in telecasting sports especially Crick, it will take time to learn,now they want money, so many ads r running
Then it should be opposite what they're doing now.

MUMBAI: With just two weeks remaining for the BCCI rights to be out for grabs, the interest from broadcasters seems to have waned.

According to a source at Discovery Communications, Dsport has not picked up the invitation to tender (ITT), which means the newest broadcast is likely not bidding. In an interview to Mint in December 2017, Discovery Communication India SVP and GM Karan Bajaj said that the network would focus on cricket on Dsport, after the launch of Discovery Jeet (launched on 12 February 2018).

Interested bidders had to pick up the tender documents upon payment of Rs 6.80 lakh ($10,000).The last date for picking up the ITT was till 5 pm on 5 March 2018. The last date for submission of bids is 10 am on 27 March. The online auction will start at 2 pm the same day.

Dsport not in the running for BCCI's media rights

Star i guess & want

Buy anyone other than sony
Yeah me too want only Star to get the rights so that I can watch it with ease either on Star Sports 1 HD, SS1 Tamil or Hotstar which is miles ahead of Sony LIV.
There was a time when the two Neo channels were premium channels. And had good Cricket content. But way back in 2012, Neo lost all BCCI Rights and went on to renaming its Neo Cricket channel to Neo Prime. Will it make a comeback? Quite possible, however, I am not aware of the promoters of these channels now and their intention to bid. Any bros having any info may share.
I cannot forget those days when i grew up watching the smashing MS Dhoni. Most of his best knocks are with Neo even now.
They are not allowed to bid
Because they had defaulted on BCCI Payments in 2011/2012 ?
Thats really sad. But in any case Neo dont even have HD channels as of now. I wonder how they are still running their channels.
Lets see

Btwn nightmare not only for me most of us including urs by seeing pixelization & hearing crackling sounds , interrupt in live telecast :lol::lol::p:wall::dodgy:
I hate Sony just for this reason. We can expect Star to do wonders with IPL telecast this season but before that I hope Airtel signs a deal with them without any issues.
Star has done a great job broadcasting indian cricket uptill now.they not only provided great coverage in english but also in Hindi & recently in tamil also hope that they launch new regional channels (with HD feed).& Get Indian cricket rights for upcoming cycle.
Perfectly summarised. The only issue with Star is after spending so much money they increase the price and then comes battles with the DTH operators.
If sony win the right the first thing i had to bear is their logo:dodgy:
Don't think star will bid because Indian cricket has lot of test match and they don't like that
And this is going to be the future more and more broadcasters are going for league over home cricket
Even I was wondering the same. I feel Star is concentrating more on leagues. IPL, ISL, Pro Kabadi, Batminton League and what not. They already have so much league content and their promotion to catch the viewers is also smart. It wouldnt be a surprise if this is their business tactics. But BCCI rights for Indian cricket is more prestigious than any other rights. Fingers crossed. I would be happy if any one except sony wins the BCCI rights.

Yeah me too want only Star to get the rights so that I can watch it with ease either on Star Sports 1 HD, SS1 Tamil or Hotstar which is miles ahead of Sony LIV.

I cannot forget those days when i grew up watching the smashing MS Dhoni. Most of his best knocks are with Neo even now.

Thats really sad. But in any case Neo dont even have HD channels as of now. I wonder how they are still running their channels.

I hate Sony just for this reason. We can expect Star to do wonders with IPL telecast this season but before that I hope Airtel signs a deal with them without any issues.

Perfectly summarised. The only issue with Star is after spending so much money they increase the price and then comes battles with the DTH operators.

Even I was wondering the same. I feel Star is concentrating more on leagues. IPL, ISL, Pro Kabadi, Batminton League and what not. They already have so much league content and their promotion to catch the viewers is also smart. It wouldnt be a surprise if this is their business tactics. But BCCI rights for Indian cricket is more prestigious than any other rights. Fingers crossed. I would be happy if any one except sony wins the BCCI rights.
Expecting sony to win the rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom