• Star

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Jio

Votes: 46 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. After losing AUS, ENG rights star will definitely bid aggressively, we might see a consolidated bid again. Certainly they are in hunt and personally I will put my money on them winning the broadcasting right.

NB..... I'm a SONY FAN boy

Facebook would definitely get digital rights. Mark zuckerburg would consider whatever advertisement loss he occur in 5 year as acquisition cost. Think about no of subscribers they ll gain in 5years where everyone want to watch indian cricket live .

Last edited:
I doubt that Star will let go these rights, because along with IPL, this would be a strong property, and also that Star is going to produce domestic games this season for BCCI, so they would go all guns blazing to keep the broadcast rights as well, rather than to produce for a rival.

No five-minute gap between TV, digital broadcast of India rights: BCCI - Ahmedabad Mirror

The India cricket media rights sale has a twist. The mandatory five-minute gap between television and digital broadcast will has been done away with. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has made it clear that the telecast will start on digital and television platforms simultaneously.

Mirror understands that there are six bidders in the fray altogether and a surprise entrant this time is Google. The American firm is not new to cricket webcast, having previously shown the IPL games live, but the presence of Google makes the whole race very interesting. The other digital bidders are, of course, Jio and Facebook. AirTel and Amzaon are not in the fray.

As about television firms, there two major players – Sony and Star. DSport has also joined the race but it is not known how serious is the company in participating in the bidding process. The rights will be sold through e-auction on April 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom