Discussion Ban on Chinese apps in India

• Thread starter Msingh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 215
  • Views: Views 20,191
Paytm was trending on twitter. Opposition was demanding answers from govt for not banning paytm.
Hi, what about Paytm.
Banned are apps whose servers are based from China. This is the reason I think Opera's browsers escape the ban as their servers and business are based from Norway. But the company itself is now owned by a Chinese company.

Last edited:
How does it matter where the servers are? As long as the company owns them, doesn't it have control/access to it's servers no matter where they are? They could easily steal the data even if the servers are elsewhere no? Anyone who has knowledge on this enlighten me.

How does it matter where the servers are? As long as the company owns them, doesn't it have control/access to it's servers no matter where they are? They could easily steal the data even if the servers are elsewhere no? Anyone who has knowledge on this enlighten me.
It does matter when they have servers in India, all the local rules applies and govt can shut down DC anytime when situation is there.

Remember rape case in Uber car in NCR, cops struggled to even contact the uber authorities to locate the driver and car details.

I think government decided do this due to public pressure on government for no action against china. for there aggressive intrusion inside our border . i hope government along with this action do support our forces at border to help them to remove chinese from our border areas from ladakh border side and Arunachal pradesh border side .

firefox lite browser could be used even it has turbo option to use with less data and disable images in search

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock