Australia Tour of India 2023 | News & Updates

It was not luck as Ashwin said in his YouTube channel. We lacked strategy for finals. Surya, Siraj never performed like we wanted them to be(See the finals of Asia Cup, did siraj performed the way we wanted him to be). After Pandya was injured, Prasidh was brought in. Who does that? I mean who? Like to like replacement is needed. We didn't do that. There should be some surprise package every world cup. Inglis to me was surprise package for WC after Carey hit some 90s in South Africa. Kuldeep was ineffective. When ball was seaming and swinging, Rohit didn't give ball to Siraj. Yes, Shami picked up wicket of Warner, but after he beat outside edge of Head twice, it was needed to bring Siraj. But that didn't happen. After just 240, we needed to have some kind of strategy. See the full over Cummins bowled to Iyer in his dismissal(Till that time, Cummins hardly performed, wickets he got was not earned, but he earned that wicket). They properly executed it. After Gills dismissal, Rohit needed to stay on the crease. That didn't happen. When you scored runs of first two balls, why you need to take another risk. Communication was required which Virat didn't have with Rohit(The way Ishan did with Surya in last match).
This post after 3 wickets down

Bring in Jadeja.

Sorry bhai if hearts, i guess you are the one who is posting bring back spinner to attack, its just guess bhai... Sorry if hurts.
It didn't hurt me, selection policy hurt me. When those two balls past stumps and outside edge of Shami, I thought Shami should be kept for Maxwell and Cummins after three three overs from Spinners. It's tough to post such things coming into mind. Same happened with me when WTC Final for Ashwin(Look at Smith's dismissal in the test series of 2021, it was pure genius thing, I also felt sometimes he should have been elevated to captaincy instead of Rohit Sharma). It was sad to see Jadeja in the test XI overseas, but who am I? Just ordinary citizen. Can't bring the change. Same I felt in 2003, when VVS and Agarkar didn't play match. For that matter even Sanjay Bangar. I am sure, it would have made difference. So I believe long term captainship is not good for Indian cricket. Dhoni should have left the captaincy by 2013 and not 2017. We would have won atleast two titles in these last ten years. Saw few ODI matches highlights from 2015-2018. It was Manish Pandey/Raina/Rahane in this period. Who played in 2019? You know it well. Selectors are not doing their job properly. Just came to know that head of selection committee talked with Sanju Samson and Axar Patel's interview with experts in between for T20 WC. There is huge gap of communication.

Last edited:
It was not luck as Ashwin said in his YouTube channel. We lacked strategy for finals. Surya, Siraj never performed like we wanted them to be(See the finals of Asia Cup, did siraj performed the way we wanted him to be). After Pandya was injured, Prasidh was brought in. Who does that? I mean who? Like to like replacement is needed. We didn't do that. There should be some surprise package every world cup. Inglis to me was surprise package for WC after Carey hit some 90s in South Africa. Kuldeep was ineffective. When ball was seaming and swinging, Rohit didn't give ball to Siraj. Yes, Shami picked up wicket of Warner, but after he beat outside edge of Head twice, it was needed to bring Siraj. But that didn't happen. After just 240, we needed to have some kind of strategy. See the full over Cummins bowled to Iyer in his dismissal(Till that time, Cummins hardly performed, wickets he got was not earned, but he earned that wicket). They properly executed it. After Gills dismissal, Rohit needed to stay on the crease. That didn't happen. When you scored runs of first two balls, why you need to take another risk. Communication was required which Virat didn't have with Rohit(The way Ishan did with Surya in last match).

Back
Top Bottom