Australia Tour of India 2023 | News & Updates

Where is Nitish Rana, Varun chakravarthy, Harshit Rana, Yash Dhull, Natarajan, Dhruv Jurel?
Nitish Rana is not international material at all. Let's see who comes out on top after next year's U19WC. I see promise in Yash Dhull also captaincy. I have added him at three. Varun Chakravarthy we have already given him enough chances, he isn't lethal. Natarajan is 30+ currently, will he good enough to bowl long spells at Wanderers where final will be played most probably. I doubt. I see what Zak did after WC 2011, he was really poor just like Tendulkar. Thats the reason we lost the matches in England, Australia, South Africa, and New Zealand as well. Zak was 31-32 in WC2011 if I am not wrong. See England, they have given chance to New Bowlers against Ireland and has kept different bowlers for different formats(Their main bowlers will be fresh for WC and I know they will rotate them well). Even though Carse has played last year, everyone else was new. Post 2015 debacle, they have changed everything. We haven't learnt anything from our losses against Australia in WC15, losses against Pakistan in CT17 Final, for that matter loss against Srilanka in same tournament, loss against New Zealand in WC19. We still don't know how to play spin after Santner picked up 4 wickets us in one of the matches in T20 WC. We will never improve to be honest. See the performance of Australia after sandpaper debacle. Smith came and scored lots of runs in Ashes 2019. Langer single handedly changed everything and you have seen the results in 2021 Ashes. Head was lethal. England changed the approach and you have seen the results. Even against such English team, Australia was really good in this year's Ashes in my opinion. We haven't learnt anything from 2021 WTC Final loss, 2023 WTC Final loss as well. Still coaches like V Prasad and Zaheer Khan are not being utilised to their full potential. I just saw the match of Australia vs India T20 semi Final and bowling of RP Singh and Sreesanth. It was due to V Prasad. He is not even near to NCA, forget Indian senior team coaching. I don't see any future in Indian cricket till reforms are brought in.

Last edited:
They've ticked most things going into the WC. The only box they haven't ticked is jadeja's batting.
Don't think so. There're too many gaps.
1. You can't win WC with Kuldeep batting at No. 8. Team is forced to bring Thakur at 8 resulting only 2 of Bumrah/Shami/Siraj to play. Also, Thakur's batting is deteriorated in internationals ever since he joined KKR. Axar is a good choice but his WC entry is doubtful. Most probable replacement Ashwin is not bad but can't score quickly.
2. You've already mentioned Jadeja's batting. he has Pant's syndrome (better batter in tests but not in ODIs).
3. Kohli's surprising batting struggle against almost all spinners is a big concern. IMO, Kohli shouldn't be rested for the first 2 matches.

No matter what, Kohli should play all the matches... Play around him and Rohit. We have a long tail if we try to pick Shardul. The guy is a fraudster picking up wickets with high economy and failing in batting when need comes. We needed a spinning all rounder (Hard Hitter) Down the order. Jaddu ji has hit the ceiling which is his capacity. He will fail 9 out of 10 times,when need comes for chasing in tight situations.Now the only thing team management can do is back the players and trust them to do well. Plan accordingly to the pitch and opponent. And Most importantly fielding and catching. It's a long tournament.Teams with consistent performance will ho through the semis.

Translation — People making their son in law comfortable during his first visit to his inlaws home

H62wgxF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom